Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need your help guys...

• 18-08-2009 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭

hey all,

some of you might be aware but my trip to the states was cut short by the tragic news that happened in bray at the weekend.

Seb was an avid photographer who was passionate about everything to do with art and he was the main reason i did get into photography.

as a fitting tribute to him, i'd like get a photo of him printed up on canvas to give to his parents and have chosen this photo that i took of him.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ncremins/2545894855/

it's unfortunate i don't have the RAW format but have the jpeg taken from that.

what i'd like from you guys is advice on who to get it done in canvas with. i know there's a name on boards that can do it but i completely forget his username.

i'd also like if he could touch up the photo for me, straigten out the horizon etc. i would actually do it, but just at the moment i can't.

i'd really appreciate this guys as the photo means a lot to me considering it was one of the first i ever took and caught Seb in a pose that completely summed up his life.

thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Hi steve is your man, I'm sure he'll look after you. stcstc or www.360-dpi.com

ps just heard what happened. Very sorry to hear about it, very tragic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

thanks rachel,

i knew the user name started with an S. i'll contact him tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Creamy Goodness - I read in the paper this evening about the guy being a photographer and wondered if he had per chance crossed our little community here with the country being such a small place. Now I understand he did. I remember when you originally posted this photo - up the top of bray head if memory serves me correctly (?) It was great - I guess representing a vibrant life and individual. It's a wonderful acknowledgement of the spirit of the individual.

Creamy Goodness - may I oblige this most solemn time by expressing the deepest and most heartfelt sympathy of this forum of photographers to the family of Sebastian (Seb), yourself, and all who knew him.

Words cannot do justice to the grief which I can't even imagine that is being experienced at present by all that knew Seb. I only offer some thoughts of Robert Fulghum;

"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge - myth is more potent than history - dreams are more powerful than facts - hope always triumphs over experience - laughter is the cure for grief - love is stronger than death."

As to your query - go no further than Steve (boards user - stcstc). He will do a sensitive, respectful and most excellent job for you.

I am so sorry for all of your loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Thanks dude,

I love that quote.

The photo just captures so much about his life.

All that had the pleasure of meeting Seb, dearly miss him and I hope that this tiny gesture will help somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Really sorry to hear that, I remember seeing that picture a while ago and thought how unusual it looked and how full of life the guy in it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

+1 to all the sentiments above.
    (I remember that photo aswell, it kinda stuck in my head!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Sorry for the loss of your friend, a real tragedy, nice gesture by the way.

Advertisement