Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyesight test report question...

• 18-08-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

I was wondering how do you go about getting that eyesight test report to get you license??
    And do you have to go to the MOT office in your locality or can you go to the one in the city center to apply for the license??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

So i could walk into specsaver and get the report thingy from there?
    Would i need to take a form with me or something??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

^cheers for that!!

I'm going to do my theory text next week and so am planing to go and do the eye test sometime this week.
    Plan to go straight to the tax office from the test center after passing it (which hopefully i should!) and apply for the license straight away!

Also one last thing. maybe a little stupid but...
    I'll be applying for both the car and bike license so the one eye test report should work for both right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

I'll be applying for both the car and bike license so the one eye test report should work for both right?

The one eye sight report will be fine but remember you need 2 theory test certs as there are different tests for bikes (Cat A & M) and cars (Cat B & W) so you will need both of them, its not possible to combine the 2 into one test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

I got my eyesight report done a month ago in the specsavers in the santry onmiplex. I asked them could I make an appointment to get it done and they just said that I could do it now if I wanted to... which was great considering they were very busy at the time.

It took about 30mins in total because of how busy they were but I didn't mind the wait.

If you just walk into your local optician's and ask them they might do it for ya there and then.

wayne0308 wrote: »
    I got my eyesight report done a month ago in the specsavers in the santry onmiplex. I asked them could I make an appointment to get it done and they just said that I could do it now if I wanted to... which was great considering they were very busy at the time.

It took about 30mins in total because of how busy they were but I didn't mind the wait.

If you just walk into your local optician's and ask them they might do it for ya there and then.

Thanks a lot for that. I'll probably go to specsavers this friday and get that done!

And yup, i'm doing the two theory tests for car and bike so I should have both the certificates if i pass (which i should hopefully!)...

Advertisement