Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nose Hair?

• 18-08-2009 10:13pm

Hey all,

Thought this would be the best forum to put this. My nose/nostril hair is annoying me. Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent way to get rid of it?

I remember my brother had a razor gizmo thing that was specially made for trimming nostril hair, but that was years ago and I don't know if such a thing still exists or what the hell such a device would be called.

I don't enjoy pain, so I'm not going in with the tweezers and shoving a Mach 3 up there and wriggling it around is proving useless (and mildly dangerous).

4men.ie isn't returning any results for a seach of 'Nose' or 'Nostril' either. Bah!

:confused:

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

My da got a lil trimmer type thing in heatons or somewhere a few months back.

Don't have much srón hair myself but if there's a stray one that I notice I just pluck it with a tweezers. If you do it hard and fast you barely feel it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I believe they are called nasal hair trimmers.Havnt a clue where you would get one though.Maybe ebay?

Any stray ones that I get I just tweeze em.

But thats cos Im a double hard bastard.

Or a masochist.

I havnt decided yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rud Annamh

Erm, nail scissors. A judicious little trim now and then.

Those trimmer things can sometimes cause ingrown hairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Not that I would of ever used one now or anything. Being just a chap in my twenties but Aldi had those nose hair trimmers before for about a fiver. Definitely under €10;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I got one free with a hair clippers years ago in argos. I'd say have a look in their catalogue. I'd be lost without that sucker. Fuppin' hate nose hair. GTFO my nose!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

yep yuo can get them in argos as Khannie and kkv said i got a beard trimmer and a nostril dehairer in the same pack for 29:99:D

That's the one. 3 euro. Can't say fairer than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭trout

... shoving a Mach 3 up there and wriggling it around is proving useless (and mildly dangerous).

Tell me you don't stick razor blades up your nose :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i'm genetically predisposed to this crapola. All the men in my family are. Pain in the arse. Invest in a decent trimmer from Argos like I did. Keep on top of it too, some mornings I wake up and it's Sherwood effing forest up there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

My brother had one of those things a few years ago and when I was in need of one, I couldn't find one in argos. That one listed might come in handy.

Any I get I just tweeze out. It really only hurts for a second.

Yeah, I sometimes just reef them out (thumb, forefinger, reef). Not sure about the tweezing thing. Sounds nasty enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Wait till they start sprouting out of your ears :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I use a trimmers once a week. Think they cost about €30. I got mine in a chemist. Great yoke. If the battery runs out and I don't have a spare then I'd do it the way Khannie described.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

trout wrote: »

Nooooo fish face, its hard to explain basically there's a spiny thing and a cages with a sharp thing i take it the hair gets stuck in the spiny thing or something and gets ripped or maybe cut out...

its pretty painless :)

trout wrote: »

You can make anything sound stupid. :pac:

Well I visited Argos and picked up one they had for €12.50. I used it a few hours ago and it did the job just fine.

Thanks for the help on this guys. Nose hair has been wrecking my head for far too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

You can make anything sound stupid. :pac:

Well I visited Argos and picked up one they had for €12.50. I used it a few hours ago and it did the job just fine.

Thanks for the help on this guys. Nose hair has been wrecking my head for far too long.

Is the one you got just a nose hair thing or does it have different attachments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

This handy little device is great, have one myself. No batteries, just rotate the base back and forth and it cuts the hair, doesn't pull it. Simple but effective!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is the one you got just a nose hair thing or does it have different attachments?

Different attachments for eyebrows/bikini too. I only used the nose one and put it away. I don't think I'll be wearing a bikini any time soon and my eyebrows seem OK to me so... Happy days.

This is it:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4422804/Trail/searchtext%3ENOSE.htm

It's pretty effective. This is what my nose hair looked like before i used it:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2318/2900634282_b233df39c5.jpg?v=0

and after using it:

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/spotlights/2007/marcus_schenkenberg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its a sign you're getting old,

how about ear hair and eyebrow hair, another sign of old age and annoying

• Advertisement
Advertisement