If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granny Vision

Options
  • 18-08-2009 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Now that the future mother-in-law has been sorted with her new TV (thanks Ash) its time for my Granny to upgrade.

Her old Philips CRT is finially starting to die.

Looking for 32" LCD TV
    It must be able to get all irish cable channels (just in case the tv is coming from Richer in Belfast).

She has sky digital but only turns it on to watch sports from time to time.

UPC Cable stations are on all the time.

FYI - my gran is a bit hard of hearing so the TV is generally turned up quite loud so please ensure the unit has a good clear sound at higher then normal volumes.

If you could give me 2 or 3 options that would be great and i'll take them back to her.

Regards,

Q

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

quazzy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Now that the future mother-in-law has been sorted with her new TV (thanks Ash) its time for my Granny to upgrade.

Her old Philips CRT is finially starting to die.

Looking for 32" LCD TV
    It must be able to get all irish cable channels (just in case the tv is coming from Richer in Belfast).

She has sky digital but only turns it on to watch sports from time to time.

UPC Cable stations are on all the time.

FYI - my gran is a bit hard of hearing so the TV is generally turned up quite loud so please ensure the unit has a good clear sound at higher then normal volumes.

If you could give me 2 or 3 options that would be great and i'll take them back to her.

Regards,

Q

Q,

Grannyvision - what a great thread title!

OK two options to kick you off -

LG 32LH2000 €399.99 - not a bad TV includes MPEG4 & is UHF/VHF

Or

Philips 32PFL5404H - again gets all the Mpegy 4 stuff and is UHF/VHF etc and is an excellent TV - it probably looks a bit more slick than the LG but the big differences are that it sounds great (20 watts which is amazing for a TV!) and as it is being heavily discounted on-line in a bit of a price war you can get it for €439.95 at the moment and at that it reall is a bit of a bargain for a quality TV

Thanks again and you will 110% go to heaven for looking after the Gran!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Hey John,

Granny likes the sound of the Philips but it noticed it for 430 (delivered) on pixmania

Any chance of a price match here?

Q

Hey John,

Granny likes the sound of the Philips but it noticed it for 430 (delivered) on pixmania

Any chance of a price match here?

Q

Geez,

Granny is very internet savvy ;)

No problem we will beat it with a smile - €420 delivered,

Apologies for the delay and keep me posted!

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John.

Granny is very pleased.

I called the Philips shops and Ash said he'd get back to me, so all is well.

Thanks John.

Granny is very pleased.

I called the Philips shops and Ash said he'd get back to me, so all is well.

Quazzy,

Great - that's lined you up nicely for a Grannys special baking this weekend.

Drop me a line anytime if I can assist,

Thanks again for the opprotunity to quote and for the business,

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Hey Nicola

Any update on the incoming stock yet?

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Quazzy

I should see the 32pfl5404 in Thursday/Friday this week.
    I'll add you to my reserve list and let you know as soon as it's in

Cheers
    Ash

Hi ash. Just wondering if you sell stands to go with this tv also. Any links would be appreciated so i can show them to my gran. Thanks

Hi ash. Just wondering if you sell stands to go with this tv also. Any links would be appreciated so i can show them to my gran. Thanks

Quazzy,

OK here are 2 options - http://www.richersounds.com/product/racks/tvs/tvs32/tvs-st32b3cm €48.99 or we also have the luxury Icon Modus 32/37 rack which we can offer at just €139.99 when purchased with a TV.

Thanks again and tell Gran we were asking for her!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Granny likes the luxury one for 139.99

So, can you arrange shipment of the above and the philips tv?

I left my details with Ash and Nicola last week and heard that the tvs arrived on friday so hopefully I can get this sorted before the end of the week

If you need any further information please just PM me.

Cheers

Q

• Advertisement

Hi John and Ash,

Thanks for sorting out the above. TV and Stand got delivered at the promised time by Ian and its all set up at my Granny's gaff now. It looks really nice and neat compared to her old CRT + Brown wooden TV stand. Granny is delighted.

Cheers for all your help.

I'll be back for more purchases at some stage. (might even get myself something for a change)

Regards and Happy Friday,

Hi John and Ash,

Thanks for sorting out the above. TV and Stand got delivered at the promised time by Ian and its all set up at my Granny's gaff now. It looks really nice and neat compared to her old CRT + Brown wooden TV stand. Granny is delighted.

Cheers for all your help.

I'll be back for more purchases at some stage. (might even get myself something for a change)

Regards and Happy Friday,

Quazzy,

thanks for taking the time to post - and the kind words are much appreciated - give us a shout when Gran wants to go Blu-ray!

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.