Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

moving kitchen from front to back of house

• 18-08-2009 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

My (long narrow) kitchen is at the front of our house, with the sitting room at the back. I would like to extend another 15x15ft, relocate the kitchen to the back and add a utility room. How big a job is this i.e. moving the kitchen plumbing etc? I will be consulting with an architect but would appreciate a general idea from you guys before i do. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

thunderdan wrote: »
    Hi,

My (long narrow) kitchen is at the front of our house, with the sitting room at the back. I would like to extend another 15x15ft, relocate the kitchen to the back and add a utility room. How big a job is this i.e. moving the kitchen plumbing etc? I will be consulting with an architect but would appreciate a general idea from you guys before i do. Thanks!

Re moving the kitchen, not a big deal:
    depends on how easy it is to redirect pipes for heating/ H and C water and access to drainage/ as well as run new electrics from the board.

Also consider where u put ur extractor fan.

length of run from hot water cylinder could be an issue

The cold in the kitchen is from the mains and should be replicated in the new so if ur floors are concrete and your paths around the house are concrete moving it is a little more difficult

re the extension, depending what u do u will darken existing rooms a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 26 thunderdan

THanks for the reply, the floors and path are concrete so that may make it a little more difficult/costly. Good point about the light, we have a south facing garden so would like to ensure that the sunlight (the little that we get) is carried through the house. I suppose next step is to see if the banks are willing to lend the money to do this :rolleyes:.

Advertisement