Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East End Hotel

Options
  • 18-08-2009 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been since it was taken over? what was it like any better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

undecided wrote: »
    Has anyone been since it was taken over? what was it like any better?

Could it get any worse

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

it got a lick of paint and thats about it same old same old. disco is gone too something to do with the licence...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 captainautumn

The instances of drive-by shootings has been on the wane. Now that has to be a good thing........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

it got a lick of paint and thats about it same old same old. disco is gone too something to do with the licence...:pac:

Yeh i found that out the hard way after walking from the other side of town in heels and a dress with three other ladies and to no avail the place was closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Ruby-J wrote: »
    Yeh i found that out the hard way after walking from the other side of town in heels and a dress with three other ladies and to no avail the place was closed.

It least you were dressed, worse if you turned up naked.......

• Advertisement

:D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

the eh... Rugby Club hahaha.

closed again with money owed all over the place......including a gent walking up and down outside with a plackard looking for them to pay him:D

A wrecking ball is all that is good for this place.

Friends stayed there for my 30th and wedding and just thought it was a complete dump !

But i hear it is due to be open again soon with someone else taking the lease ( but this will depend on night club licence which is due to be discussed tomo in the court )

oh lol is there really a guy parading up and down? Shame poor guy.

Would they ever sort that stuff out! Its a complete mess. Pity because its the only hotel in the town!

• Advertisement

Some of my in laws got married there years ago and it was a great hotel then. When the old owner left it went down hill fast.

I work as a dj and i remember the 1st time i was dragged to the club.......oh my dog !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

The stuff ive heard about the guy who was running the place:eek:

Afriend of mine was working there and is owed money also.

Is a pity coz could be a great spot if right person got it!

Oh the stories......the best part is they are all true:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

step dad is owed money to by them.
    gangster that built our estate is meant to own it or one of his brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

heads up on this topic

licence hearing was held the other day and guess what??? they didnt get there licence back so no hotel this side of christmas anyway they may wait until the new year and even then id say not a hope of getting it

and your right a wanna b gangster owns it the both brothers do!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

heads up on this topic

licence hearing was held the other day and guess what??? they didnt get there licence back so no hotel this side of christmas anyway they may wait until the new year and even then id say not a hope of getting it

and your right a wanna b gangster owns it the both brothers do!!!

I heard he's done a bunk to England...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

seemingly he fecked off day before hearing with the gf.

undecided wrote: »
    seemingly he fecked off day before hearing with the gf.

Not true...........lots of rumours but there are facts and the above is just not one of them.

But not a million miles from the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 IrishRover2010

I went to Portarlington last weekend for a friends 30th Birthday Party. After i did my research i found that there was few very options for places to stay. I started google'n and came across this conversation. Needless to say i didnt like the sound of the East End Hotel after reading this. As the hotel was in the centre of the town it was the handiest for accomodation so i booked a few rooms for me and my friends for the night. I was there about 10mins when i realised all the bad feedback on this is rubbish. The staff were quite possibly the nicest people i ever met and made my stay a pleasure and the food was excellent. On arrival i was given a tour of the new niteclub. It looked really nice and modern with a real frsh feel to it. After we left the 30th birthday party that night (around 12:30 or so) we went straight for the new nightclub. What a night. The place was packed, the music was great, and the atmosphere was brilliant. I will defo be going back and will highly recommend both hotel & niteclub.
    As far all the people who are bad mouthing and trying to stir sh*t when there is no need to, GET A LIFE.
    ELVIS JONES, ur public profile says you live in Portarlington? Why dont you get up and go down see the place for yourself? Or are your hands stuck to your keyboard? If so, you shouldnt be at that stuff, you'll go blind. The whole country could do without people like you in a time like this. Fair play to anyone who try's to start to run a buisness in these times, and as for people who start one, build it up, and make it succseful, they deserve a big pat on the back. After being in the place, and then reading all your comments anyone would think you are Jelous? Why dont you just go down and see the place, u live in the town like? "DRY YOUR EYES MATE" and go check the place out
    DEMPO1, your another one who seems to have these negative vibes. You should go check the place out, you will be pleasently suprized.

Fair play to everyone who joined since the place was re-opened and left the truthful feedback about their expeirence there. Thats what the whole country needs in times like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

I went to Portarlington last weekend for a friends 30th Birthday Party. After i did my research i found that there was few very options for places to stay. I started google'n and came across this conversation. Needless to say i didnt like the sound of the East End Hotel after reading this. As the hotel was in the centre of the town it was the handiest for accomodation so i booked a few rooms for me and my friends for the night. I was there about 10mins when i realised all the bad feedback on this is rubbish. The staff were quite possibly the nicest people i ever met and made my stay a pleasure and the food was excellent. On arrival i was given a tour of the new niteclub. It looked really nice and modern with a real frsh feel to it. After we left the 30th birthday party that night (around 12:30 or so) we went straight for the new nightclub. What a night. The place was packed, the music was great, and the atmosphere was brilliant. I will defo be going back and will highly recommend both hotel & niteclub.
    As far all the people who are bad mouthing and trying to stir sh*t when there is no need to, GET A LIFE.
    ELVIS JONES, ur public profile says you live in Portarlington? Why dont you get up and go down see the place for yourself? Or are your hands stuck to your keyboard? If so, you shouldnt be at that stuff, you'll go blind. The whole country could do without people like you in a time like this. Fair play to anyone who try's to start to run a buisness in these times, and as for people who start one, build it up, and make it succseful, they deserve a big pat on the back. After being in the place, and then reading all your comments anyone would think you are Jelous? Why dont you just go down and see the place, u live in the town like? "DRY YOUR EYES MATE" and go check the place out
    DEMPO1, your another one who seems to have these negative vibes. You should go check the place out, you will be pleasently suprized.

Fair play to everyone who joined since the place was re-opened and left the truthful feedback about their expeirence there. Thats what the whole country needs in times like this.

Obviously your someone who is involved in this hotel..No need to make up lies son..

• Advertisement

Hmmmm Irishrover, 3 posts on this site all about the East End Hotel.........:rolleyes:

Perhaps the management should focus on running a business and not on a thread on boards.ie

Oh and Irishrover i walked in on St Patricks day and walked out again, didn't like the crowd in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 IrishRover2010

As i explained in the post, yes this is my first time posting and only because i came across this board when i was looking for. a place to stay and then had such a good expeirence when i was there
    Elvis Jones, from reading the boards, anytime someone says anything good about it, you come back with your tagline "oh its your first time posting"???
    As for dumbo1 on the other page, i clearly explained that i googled the east end hotel and it brought up a link for this board. Try it yourself.

Advertisement