Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering videos from cassetts to digital

Options
  • 18-08-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

My sister's getting married this year and i want to put together a video presentation of her and her husband as kids... but all the fottage i have is on the old camcorder cassettes and i want to get them on to my laptop. Does anyone have any idea where or how i could get this done in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

places like jessops do it but i would say its dear. Have you got a firewire on your laptop? if so maybe you do it yourself

i would say the easiest way is to play it into a decent dvd recorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Laela

Ok cool thanks a mill
    i'm guessing i don't have a firewire cos i've no idea what it is... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Laela wrote: »
    Ok cool thanks a mill
    i'm guessing i don't have a firewire cos i've no idea what it is... :confused:

A firwire connection is connecting digital camera to computers.

But if your camera is old it probably doesnt have it. Is your camera VHS? Hi8? 8mm? S-VHS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Benandonner

TV card could be a handy way to go. Get one for £40 and hook it up with the VCR to record onto PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 marksass

fastforwardproductions in terenure do that kind of thing for cheap prices. If you're willing to go to the hassle of doing it yourself, connect your tape player to a dvd recorder, record it onto dvd, put the dvd in you laptop and download a ripping programme like 'mac the ripper' or any other free dvd ripper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement