Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Genuine Zune 3" LCD 30GB Wifi with FM Tuner (White) - €64 delivered [DealExtreme]

• 18-08-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

Yes.. everyone hates the Zune.. but a superb price all the same!

sku_28784_1.jpg
    Buy it @ DealExtreme
    - Color change (8/18/2009): while photos show a white unit, only brown units are available at the moment. We deeply apologize for change of color and will contact purchased customers to confirm if a brown version can be accepted. A full refund will be offered if the new color is not acceptable.
    - 30GB digital media player stores up to 7,500 songs, 25,000 pictures or 100
    hours of video
    - Features wireless networking so you can share tracks and other media
    - 3-inch color screen features a landscape mode for video viewing
    - Compatible with Zune Marketplace for media downloads and subscriptions
    - Automatically imports your existing music, pictures and videos from iTunes and
    Windows Media Player in a variety of formats
    - Import unprotected music, photos and videos in WMA, MP3, AAC, JPEG, WMV, MPEG-4, H.264 from iTunes and Windows Media Player
    - Features with FM receiver
    - Up to 12 hour battery life playing music with WiFi off
    - 3.5mm headphone jack (earphone not included in the package)
    - Packed with AC 100~240V 1A Adapter, USB Data/Charge Cable

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

They seem to be getting rid of the old stock before the Zune HD is launched in the US next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Great price indeed ...thanks op

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Great price for it. Don't need one myself at the moment though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Great price but only in Brown? Who the fcuk wants brown electronics? What were they thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

oh yes, brown! awesome!

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I think its quite a funky brown color! Must pick up one of these badboys,serious price! Cheers Basquille!

zune_brown_371x353.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Always liked the brown n the updated Zune interface is fairly slick.. Great price for a 'different' media player...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

good price, but might be charged a bit extra since its from outside europe

if it had a web browser i might go for it, but have an archos and ipod touch so don't think i'd use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I have the brown and it looks good however, the zune breaks very easily if its dropped from any hight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

creggy wrote: »
    I have the brown and it looks good however, the zune breaks very easily if its dropped from any hight.
    Mine broke after falling off a shoebox onto carpet :(. Talk about unlucky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I thought there was soime debate on the DealExtreme forums as to the origins of these units? Ie. are they refurbished old stock. Someone was saying they weighed more than a regular 30GB Zune should? Looks decent alright but too many unknowns, but after all it is DX so cant argue with the price really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I'm on my second one of these (1st gen). First one bricked after a software update but it was replaced free with a new one. Great MP3 player, loads of storage, radio, and for me the killer feature is that you can sync your library over Wi-Fi.

No divx support AFAIK. Proprietary connection but I picked up a few cheap on ebay or DX.

These are only sold in the US so if you have a warranty issue then it will only be picked up and delivered to/from US address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

Cheers basquille!!

Just bought myself one. Damn you and your bargain alerts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Cheers Basquille... My Credit Card Hates you!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

I bought one of these nearly 3 years ago while in Florida. It still works perfectly, never had any of the problems with it and I use it daily.

The battery life could be a bit better but it never freezes which my Creative did constantly!

For €64 its definitely worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Zunes are great players. Make sure you upgrade the firmware to the latest
    version when you buy one as MS are rather good at releasing
    new features and making them compatible for free with the older players
    (unlike other manufacturers who only focus on their latest).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Sold Out now on DX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

I contacted DX last week about my order for this and here is their reply :
    Kindly inform you that item sku28784 has stopped production from our supplier so that your order has been on hold. Would you like to change another item instead or you want to cancel the order? Please advise.

How can they process an order without having the item in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

lynchpin wrote: »
    I contacted DX last week about my order for this and here is their reply :

How can they process an order without having the item in stock?

I got the same response too.. :(
    I suppose they rely on the stock levels from their suppliers.. Guess someone didn;t inform them that stock levels were low...

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

majiktripp wrote: »
    Sold Out now on DX.

Thanks be to God! I was going to buy one even though I already have one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Can anyone who actually got one of these FROM DEALEXTREME give a review and stick up a couple of pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Reading the posts on the dealextreme forum it looks like no-one received the zune, I've cancelled my own order with them now - as it's been stuck at 'processing' for the last 2 weeks.

Advertisement