Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost in the ShelL

Options
  • 18-08-2009 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

just a quick question how many "Ghost in the shell" were there and "Patlabour"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

wolski wrote: »
    just a quick question how many "Ghost in the shell" were there and "Patlabour"

Ghost in the shell
    Three manga's, three films, two anime series, some non illustrated novels and prob some other random things as well like video games.

Patlabor - a whole bloody lot. Bunch of OVA's and films, bout 20 odd manga volumes etc etc check wikipedia if you want a full list.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

they've also released a re-take of the original movie called GITS 2.0.

read some reviews about it, apparently there's more CGI, a new colour palette and soundtrack and
    the puppetmaster is voiced by a girl this time

heard it's not meant to be three good (and don't even fancy watching it by the sounds of it) so watch the original first anyway!

edit: just saw that ztoical mentioned 3 movies so that's including this rerelease

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

there are 4 if you incude 2.0 as a separate film
    theres also stand alone complex

Varik wrote: »
    theres also stand alone complex

Stand alone complex and stand alone complex 2nd GIG would be the two anime series mentioned. Ghost in the Shell SAC Solid State Society is the 3rd film but follows on from the anime series so is unrelated to the other films.

People can count the remastered/edited/whatever version of the first film if they wish, I'd be more inclined to list the first film with a * beside it as it doesn't really alter the story just updates the effects and the sound. There is also the live action American version slated for release in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,496 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Id have a little faith in a live action, after seeing the Halo shorts and District 9 :)

CGI has come so far, so fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Frank my Boy

I heard a while back that Speilberg was producing a live action version but havn't heard any thing since so maybe nothings happening.

I heard a while back that Speilberg was producing a live action version but havn't heard any thing since so maybe nothings happening.

Thats the one slated for 2011, so far they've Avi Arad [CEO of Marvel studios] down to produce and are working on the script which, according to rumor, is being adapted from the original manga series. Having said that the live action Akira film was meant to be out by 2009 and has been hit with loads of set backs and they are now saying it will be out in 2011 so I wouldn't hold my breath for either film to make it to the screen any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hangfire

That's what this is for.

Advertisement