Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scariest night ever

• 18-08-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭

Im just back from one of my mates house from work just outside Trim. She lives in a fairly quiet rural area, in a tiny cottage up a laneway.Her and her bf,myself and another mate from work and her bf had planned to have dinner and watch The Strangers on DVD. So, dinner done, we all sit down,lights off etc waiting to get the crap scared out of us by this DVD. I laughed it off, goin "yeh right itll be alot of scary music and not alot of action".

Well, half way into the film lots of stabbings and dodgy doll masks and im a bit on the tense side. Next thing the biggest hammering on the door ive ever heard. Im on my knees starin at the kitchen door straining to see in the dark when in bursts a bloke with a black cut out mask wielding a baseball bat.:eek::eek:Well...i f*ckin screamed the place down. The lads jump up and everyones rigid on the spot. The lights turn on ....and theres another lad from work (who lives down the road) standing there fallin about the place laughin. It was a set up. Well, if i didnt pee myself there and then.It took me a good half hour to calm down no messin. Absolutely classic practical joke but ive double bolted the door and am contemplating sleeping with the light on :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭jackrussell007

haha

the ****ers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Looks like you been pwned :)

a bit like calling someone and saying they gonna die when you know they're watching the ring. but more epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

anniehoo wrote: »
    Im just back from one of my mates house from work just outside Trim. She lives in a fairly quiet rural area, in a tiny cottage up a laneway.Her and her bf,myself and another mate from work and her bf had planned to have dinner and watch The Strangers on DVD. So, dinner done, we all sit down,lights off etc waiting to get the crap scared out of us by this DVD. I laughed it off, goin "yeh right itll be alot of scary music and not alot of action".

Well, half way into the film lots of stabbings and dodgy doll masks and im a bit on the tense side. Next thing the biggest hammering on the door ive ever heard. Im on my knees starin at the kitchen door straining to see in the dark when in bursts a bloke with a black cut out mask wielding a baseball bat.:eek::eek:Well...i f*ckin screamed the place down. The lads jump up and everyones rigid on the spot. The lights turn on ....and theres another lad from work (who lives down the road) standing there fallin about the place laughin. It was a set up. Well, if i didnt pee myself there and then.It took me a good half hour to calm down no messin. Absolutely classic practical joke but ive double bolted the door and am contemplating sleeping with the light on :p

Oh man, that was mean, but pretty funny too. You won't sleep a wink lol. Best way of getting them back is hiring two guys for real to do same for them. Please note: this may land you in prison:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I was watching Philadelphia on DVD recently...

.. my friend played a practical joke on me and gave me AIDS..

What a prick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The funniest bit was the two boyfriends reactions. They were white. When theyd calmed down and seen the funny side they were all macho goin "yeh well you were lucky ye didnt get the bejaysus beaten out ye man". YEH RIGHT! I wouldve gotten a better reaction out of two kittens than them.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

were the other four in on it aswell or wha?

dannym08 wrote: »
    were the other four in on it aswell or wha?
    Just my two mates from work (2 girls) so they fell about the place laughin. Have to think of something even better to get them back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Just think how funny it will be when you stick a kitchen knife in his leg tomorrow. Comedy is all about the timing. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Just my two mates from work (2 girls) so they fell about the place laughin. Have to think of something even better to get them back.

kill their parents, cut them up, and feed them to her in Chilli Con Carne, a la cartman

that'll learn em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Im just back from one of my mates house from work just outside Trim.

Id love some trim :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

Did that with my wee cousin and a scream mask. Went outside the window and peered in. Well she nearly lost her life. She was only about 10 at the time......... she shouldn't have watched the film okay!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

something similar happened in bray at the weekend, i don't think everyone was in on it though cos it got messy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Hahah brilliant.

It's always fun scaring other people ****less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Worst swingers party ever....

TheZohan wrote: »
    Worst swingers party ever....

haha, yea the bloke with the bat must've been like "stop with the poxy films and put your keys in the fcuking jar NOW!!!"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The scariest night I've ever had awas the night after my dad had heart surgery. I never cried as much in my life as I did that night. I knew it was a good thing for him in the long run but seeing himm in the state he was at the time was the scariest thing I've ever seen. He was pale as milk and as weak as a kitten. It was a horrible ting to witness. One day he was trying to sit up and I gave him a hand. When I tried to help him sit up I heard him take a hig gasp and I could have sweorn I'd killed him. I nearly shi t myself. If I never have to see it again I'll be a hapy man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

The funniest bit was the two boyfriends reactions. They were white.

When will the racism end????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Dankoozy wrote: »
    a bit like calling someone and saying they gonna die when you know they're watching the ring.

Tee hee, I did that to my cousin. :D

The scariest night I've ever had awas the night after my dad had heart surgery.
    Janey, that is seriously "scary" there AC....not quite sure what to say bar i hope he's ok now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Maybe they were trying to scare you into going home and stop being a 5th wheel. Ya know so they could get down to the swinging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I did something like that before. Went over to a house where I knew two of my mates were having a girls night in, she ALWAYS left the back door open so i got a black mask, dressed in black and went over, got in easy and took a knife from the kitche, kept all the lights off and pulled a chair into the middle of the kitchen and just sat there in the dark with the knife, one of them came in about two mins later and my god she was histerical trying to pull the sliding back door open but couldn't unlock it, the other girl comes in and also goes mad, I just sat there staring...then got up and stopped it when they started crying.....they saw the funny side later, she ALWAYS locks the back door now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

When will the racism end????

When we learn to jump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Scariest night; I was 17, had a drunken fist fight with my brother in Prague, got lost, covered in blood, no money, two cigarettes, managed to make it back to the hotel at 6 that morning, quite scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

OP. That is a classic story. I think I would have dropped dead on the spot if it was me.

Funnilly enough I saw The Strangers for the first time on Sunday night. The fcuking film freaked me out.

El Siglo wrote: »
    Scariest night; I was 17, had a drunken fist fight with my brother in Prague, got lost, covered in blood, no money, two cigarettes, managed to make it back to the hotel at 6 that morning, quite scary.

is your brother the zohan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

That's what you get for crashing a double date you filthy single fu<ker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Dankoozy wrote: »
    Looks like you been pwned :)

a bit like calling someone and saying they gonna die when you know they're watching the ring. but more epic

I called my brother when he was watching that. Sitting right across the room from him. He still screamed? :pac:

Advertisement