Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H-Dip in Primary Ed, Hibernia College

• 19-08-2009 12:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

Not sure if this is the right place to have this, so I'd appreciate if it could be moved to somewhere more suitable if it's in the wrong forum.

I've been looking at the 2 year H-Dip from Hibernia, and I like the sound of it. I'm just at the beginning of my investigations, but I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who has done the course re: their experiences and recommendations. I'm not sure if it would be feasible for me, and would like some less biased opinions than the ones I'll get from the college themselves.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

It's grand here Blush!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Helen Rowe

hi my friend did that course, she finished it last year. its a lot of hard work and you have to be flexible with where you're currently working because you need to be able to fit in work experience. most people start working in schools as they begin the course. It talks a lot of time in the evenings loggin on to tutorials, but the benefit is that you can earn money and study too. I'd recommend doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

You'd get a much better response on this one in the Teaching and Lecturing forum. In fact if you go down through the threads there you'll probably find plenty of discussion already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gogsy

Hey there,
    I did the course myself. I graduated last year and I can tell u that it is a tough, time consuming course. It is advertised as part time and at the beginning it is pretty manageable, suddenly u get hit with assignments!!

However, if u have a job, kids, partner and so forth, it is a great way to get into teaching as u don't have to leave where u live.
    Also, I worked as I studied and so had the course paid off before I finished it, it's nice starting out in a career with no debts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Ask on the education posts forum, and read the older threads too; loads of info there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Reginak

Hi everyone! I am totally new to this site, and to this thread. I am currently back doing my LC irish. Finding it ok so far. I am currently working part time do that helps. I am hoping to apply for the hibernia in oct 13. Just wondering if there are any mature students out there .. 30+ who have recently done this course? How did you find it? Would it be possible with a young baby?

Advertisement