If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full HD 32"

Options
  • 19-08-2009 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for the best bang for the buck full HD 32" TV. I'v about... E600 - 650 to throw in the pot. I was close to going with the LG 32LH7000 but just read in the 600 euro budget thread about the 32PFL7404H for E630. Its definatly a more aesthetily pleasing TV but is it worse/better/the same as the LG? Also the Philips is on offer now? Should this offer still be on in a week?
    Thanks for any help.
    Oh before I forget. I would like to go for a bigger TV but there isnt a hope I can go bigger. It's a small enough roof for a 32" :p

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I'm looking for the best bang for the buck full HD 32" TV. I'v about... E600 - 650 to throw in the pot. I was close to going with the LG 32LH7000 but just read in the 600 euro budget thread about the 32PFL7404H for E630. Its definatly a more aesthetily pleasing TV but is it worse/better/the same as the LG? Also the Philips is on offer now? Should this offer still be on in a week?
    Thanks for any help.
    Oh before I forget. I would like to go for a bigger TV but there isnt a hope I can go bigger. It's a small enough roof for a 32" :p

Aed,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Ok - they are both really nice TV's however there really is no question that the 7404 in my opinion is a finer TV.

The picture quality on both TV's is excellent however the 7404 really does score in audio quality as it sounds truly excellent - and whilst I'm not a slave to published contrast ratio figures - the 7404 boasts 80,000:1 contrast ratio.

At the moment the 32PFL7404 is being heavily discounted online and we are just undercutting this to go out at €629.99 (It should go out at €799.99- and is actually sold in our UK stores at £STG 699.95!!!) however I just cannot see this price continuing for much longer - so if you want a real deal on the 7404 I would not hang around!

Thanks again for the post and please do drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

johnmc wrote: »
    Aed,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Ok - they are both really nice TV's however there really is no question that the 7404 in my opinion is a finer TV.

The picture quality on both TV's is excellent however the 7404 really does score in audio quality as it sounds truly excellent - and whilst I'm not a slave to published contrast ratio figures - the 7404 boasts 80,000:1 contrast ratio.

At the moment the 32PFL7404 is being heavily discounted online and we are just undercutting this to go out at €629.99 (It should go out at €799.99- and is actually sold in our UK stores at £STG 699.95!!!) however I just cannot see this price continuing for much longer - so if you want a real deal on the 7404 I would not hang around!

Thanks again for the post and please do drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

There was no delay :eek: Cheers for the speedy reply.

I think you have made me swing for the Philips set now, although there is very little to be found on the internet about it.
    Don't expect it to stick around no? Guess I'll have to sort this out a little quicker.

If I was interested in a Bluray player aswell. Any chance of cutting a deal for something around E700~? (Probably me being a tad hopefull but here goes :))
    Thanks again for your help.

Oh yeah, forgot to ask.
    I think I remember reading well back that the items can be sent to the Philips Shop and collected free of charge? Or is there still a delivery charge?

Thanks for any help.

Sorry Gabrielle Thundering Cherry I'm miles behind at the moment!

€700! - I admire your optimism - but we are not a mile apart ;)

The best we could do with the 32PFL7404 and a Multi Region (for SD DVD) BDP3000 Blu-Ray on a Boardie special would be about EURO €769.99 - we would include delivery to Dublin at that price.

Do you need a wall bracket or stand as well - if so I can do you a cracking deal on these at the moment?

Again apologies for the delay in getting back to you and please drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Sorry Aedonaic I'm miles behind at the moment!

€700! - I admire your optimism - but we are not a mile apart ;)

The best we could do with the 32PFL7404 and a Multi Region (for SD DVD) BDP3000 Blu-Ray on a Boardie special would be about EURO €769.99 - we would include delivery to Dublin at that price.

Do you need a wall bracket or stand as well - if so I can do you a cracking deal on these at the moment?

Again apologies for the delay in getting back to you and please drop me a line if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

Wasn't expecting to hear back at this hour :eek:! Smashin' service:)

Haha I knew I was feeling a bit brave with that number. €770 It's hard to know if I would go with it with budget ment to be a fair bit under but shhhh!:D Am thinking about seeing how the PS3 Slim does, could be a nice box to have under the tv.

Unfourtantly I think we will be going with an Ikea piece for a stand. Unless, of course you might happen to have a nice stylish and low something in the region of €60 aswell?

Is the delivery to Dublin to the house or to the Philips Shop?

Thanks again.
    Cian

• Advertisement

Wasn't expecting to hear back at this hour :eek:! Smashin' service:)

Haha I knew I was feeling a bit brave with that number. €770 It's hard to know if I would go with it with budget ment to be a fair bit under but shhhh!:D Am thinking about seeing how the PS3 Slim does, could be a nice box to have under the tv.

Unfourtantly I think we will be going with an Ikea piece for a stand. Unless, of course you might happen to have a nice stylish and low something in the region of €60 aswell?

Is the delivery to Dublin to the house or to the Philips Shop?

Thanks again.
    Cian

C,
    Yep, it's 00.30am and I'm posting on Boards - I must get a life someday! (and Ursula keeps telling me that she is due a sainthood (or at least a big shopping trip - whichever is easiest to arrange..)

To be fair - if Ikea leave me to sell the Tellies and the Hi-fi - I think I'll leave them away with the TV stands for €60 :eek::eek::eek: - How do they do it?

We can do home delivery at that price!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

C,
    Yep, it's 00.30am and I'm posting on Boards - I must get a life someday! (and Ursula keeps telling me that she is due a sainthood (or at least a big shopping trip - whichever is easiest to arrange..)

To be fair - if Ikea leave me to sell the Tellies and the Hi-fi - I think I'll leave them away with the TV stands for €60 :eek::eek::eek: - How do they do it?

We can do home delivery at that price!

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

I saw Ash posted up the 8000 series model is only €680 and could walk in amd come out with it in hand. That's really swayed me now. Is there any difference other than ambilight and youtube? For €50 it nearly seems worth it :eek:

I saw Ash posted up the 8000 series model is only €680 and could walk in amd come out with it in hand. That's really swayed me now. Is there any difference other than ambilight and youtube? For €50 it nearly seems worth it :eek:

Gabrielle Thundering Cherry,

Thnaks for the post & sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you!

Ok we have a new price today on the 32PFL8404 and the bad news is that we are no longer matching Komplett's price - we are now €729.99.:(

:) The good news is that our price now (well from Monday) includes a full 4 year warranty - and we are happy to deliver direct to you at home..

Thanks again for the post and please don't hesitate to give us a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John McDonald

Aedonaic,

Thnaks for the post & sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you!

Ok we have a new price today on the 32PFL8404 and the bad news is that we are no longer matching Komplett's price - we are now €729.99.:(

:) The good news is that our price now (well from Monday) includes a full 4 year warranty - and we are happy to deliver direct to you at home..

Thanks again for the post and please don't hesitate to give us a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John McDonald

Aah thats a shame. No worries though.

Was there a price hike on the 7404? Giving the 7404+BR player for €770 a bit more thought now. You said that included delivery to Dublin. Does that include Leixlip, Kildare? Its only 30 seconds past the Dublin border :o.

Sorry for all this twiddly thumbs I'm doing :D
    Cian

Aah thats a shame. No worries though.

Was there a price hike on the 7404? Giving the 7404+BR player for €770 a bit more thought now. You said that included delivery to Dublin. Does that include Leixlip, Kildare? Its only 30 seconds past the Dublin border :o.

Sorry for all this twiddly thumbs I'm doing :D
    Cian

Leixlip!!!*XX$

Sure that's bogland - everyone knows that to be real Dublin it must have a number must have a number behind it :D (and here I am buried out in the depths of north county Dublin!)

Of course we would include Leixlip, only joking!

We will post new pricing including the new 3/4/5 year warranties on the 74/84/9 series later today (and it will be good!)

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

• Advertisement

Sorry for disapearing briefly there.

Looks like the BR player is going to be out of my reach for now :(
    So the 32" 7404 is €630 w/3 year warrenty?
    Think I'l have to settle there. The poor bluray never got a chance :D.
    Possible to call in and do the deed there?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi There Aedoniac

Please call on in!
    I have a 32PFL7404 reserveed for you at €630 + 3year warranty.

We are open to 5pm

See you later?

Ash

No promises about being in today but will try!
    Should most likely be there. Will update shortly to let you know.
    Cheers

Looks like we'll be in. :)

Hi Aedonaic

Best get off Boards and into your car!!!

See you soon

Ash

Cheers for the TV guys. Had it setup the instant I got home. Lovely quality :)
    ...And great service from you guys. This forum is a godsend :eek:

Aedonaic

Good to here that its doing its stuff for you.

Yeah we like the Boards as well:)

cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.