Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX295 Trouble

Options
  • 19-08-2009 12:23am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, my mate got his GTX295, ran driver sweeper and reinstalled latest drivers. Getting 15fps on crysis warhead with no AA. He's on Windows 7 64 bit. Done a bit of crawling online to find little in the way of solutions.

Reinstall the OS, may not work.
    Install an older driver; did that, still the same
    Motherboard may not support the GTX295. I doubt thats the case, hope not for his sake.

anyone any ideas? BTW, the PSU is grand, more then enough power on it.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I am willing to take it off his hands to test it on Vista 64 bit for him if he wants :D

Are there any problems with other games? There is a 1.1 patch for Warhead that adds 64 bit executables and some other minor fixes but I doubt that it is the cause of the problem, no harm to try it anyway I suppose. Maybe try DX 9c mode as well see if that gets the FPS up.

The reason I even thought of trying DX9c is that I was having a problem with Warhead in Vista 64 that I have just fixed today, being unable to play Warhead in fullscreen mode with an HD4870, game just would not load at all, and would crash PC leaving just a black screen, or if I started in Windowed mode and tried to change resoultion in game same result. I was just after installing new drivers so I thought it might me that, but the old drivers made no difference. Eventually I tried it with DX9c and it was perfect. Just installed a patch of Vista SP2 and it is all good again. Something to do with refresh rates it seems.

Would tick one possibility off a reasonably long list anyway I guess.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

its problematic in all games. getting about 40fps in GRID maxed out, my gtx260 slides past 70 without breaking a sweat on max :confused:

He's just decided to format and reinstall Windows 7

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

the reinstall worked :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If that was a "free" version of Win7 then bear in mind its hilariously flakey getting graphics drivers installed initially at the start of a new install (updates seem okay). Guessing the SLI implementation was borked. Can strike both ATi and nVidia.

Advertisement