Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ddr2 or ddr3?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi, I need to buy some ram for my mobo
    Looking on memoryC.ie, €60 budget, considering;
    1. ddr2 2x1gig reaper crossfire 5-5-5-15 at €40 here.
    2. ddr3 2x1gig G Skill 7-7-7-18 at €41 here (This one seems to have the best times in my budget and is ready to ship)

I game, so maybe ddr2 2x2gig would be better, the Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-15 at €58 here.

I don't really have a clue about ram, so I'm hoping you guys could lend me some insight, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

4gbs would definitely be better. Unless drr3 was very cose in price to ddr2 i'd go with ddr2.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

4gbs would definitely be better. Unless drr3 was very cose in price to ddr2 i'd go with ddr2.

Just started a WTF thread on the very subject of DDR3 ptrices this evening. It is not cheap at the moment, 100 Euros for OCZ PC-10600 platinum sticks that cost 70 a few weeks ago. Cheapest 4GB PC-10600 kit I could find on HWVS was 75. Ouch. Bit of a supply shortage according to Solitaire.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How much is ddr2 pc 6400. In ddr2 I wouldnt go above 6400. That the best bang for your buck ram.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

How much is ddr2 pc 6400. In ddr2 I wouldnt go above 6400. That the best bang for your buck ram.

45-50 by the looks of it. Definately the way to go ATM.

Yeah ddr2 6400 is the nest bang for buck as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

thanks for the replys lads. Gonna go with the 6400 then, prob the 4 gig.

Advertisement