Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infirmary Road & Parkgate Street -Pot Holes - Save our Suspension and Cyclists

Options
  • 19-08-2009 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Dear Road Users (and Pedestrians),

:confused:

Does anyone else have concerns that the Developers of the new Criminal Courts Building (and/or Dub City Council) are going to leave the above roads in the dangerous condition that they have currently deteriorated to, once the building is completed ! ?

Does anyone know if the above roads will be resurfaced before the Building is opened for Business at the end of the Year...............it should be a couple of weekend overnights sessions of resurfacing and roadwork!

Otherwise I can envisage years of :

A) excuses by some (blameless!!!) DCC employee,and

B) accidents, damaged Cyclist's, Motorists, Bus Drivers (and their further suffering passengers) Back's, Spine's and Limb's. Not to mention their cumulative repair bills to the vehicles; the total of which will become one of life's great unanswered questions to revolve about the pubs of Dublin and beyond.

Comments and contributions most welcome, especially from anyone who may be 'in the Know!'

D7 :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

yeah it's a nightmare alright, both on a bicycle and even on a heavy enough motorcycle. Coming down the hill is a nightmare. Surprised people aren't coming off all the time. I tend to coast down on the clutch and leave plenty of "wobble room" incase I need it.

I'd imagine the road will be re surfaced when all works are finished but have no info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,432 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Complain to:
    Council - Customer service: 01 222 2222
    Contractor
    Client

• Registered Users Posts: 29 D7

Some interesting responses to the same thread subject on Dublin.ie .............'let the City Manager and Lord Mayor' know about the issue and get the TD's to do the chasing. !!!

I'll wait until their is sufficient equal expressions of concern over the next couple of days or so.

D7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Don't bother phoning the DCC pothole helpline on 01 8371595(northside) as they never answer the phones.

Though in this case, its a contractor issue that needs to be reported.

Open for Business

http://www.courts.ie/Courts.ie/Library3.nsf/0/487B28F3C909A4F68025764A00404AEF?OpenDocument

Where are the bicycle stands, so you can secure them with your paddlocks?:D

D7

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

That stretch of road has been like that for years.

The bumps from Mays shop/offie to the junction is caused from HGV breaking and pushing the road surfing up into ripples over the years.

The the courts building is completely I'd expect the pavements and road surface to have work done on 'em, but the same problem with those bumps will come back very quickly afterwards.

Well Well.........................it seems that a few rants on the matter in various directions, DCC, Eimear and Joe Costello, over the last year has done the trick............Thank you all.

Couldn't have had Barristers and Lawyers tripping their way into the new Courts could we now!!!! Compensation Claims against the Council/Tax Payer would be diverted into their Personal Pension Schemes (Oops Lawful Compensation Schemes) - What in these Austere Times a lawyer would not dare such an action, surely not?:eek:

:D:D:D:D

Cyclists .................enjoy the journey up and down Infirmary Road's new smooth surface (only in the areas that were dangerous mind you).

D7

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

D7 wrote: »
    Some interesting responses to the same thread subject on Dublin.ie .............'let the City Manager and Lord Mayor' know about the issue and get the TD's to do the chasing. !!!

I'll wait until their is sufficient equal expressions of concern over the next couple of days or so.

D7

TDs should have no role in getting potholes fixed in your area. Get on to the council. TDs should have no input in local affairs, its that kind of parish politics that has our political system the way it is. Contact county councillors instead.

TDs should have no role in getting potholes fixed in your area. Get on to the council. TDs should have no input in local affairs, its that kind of parish politics that has our political system the way it is. Contact county councillors instead.

There was no need for contacting any Dublin County Councillors as the matter was a City issue, thus the Lord Mayor who was a City Councillor and the Local TD who happened to be the hubby of the Lord Mayor;)

Proper, safe and cost effective Job done. Go and have a look sometime and examine as you cycle past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

the road through the phoenix park is in a terrible condition, actually it's very dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

That's for sure, especially the bit from around the Aras to the zoo. That should be resurfaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DarrenDay

B) accidents, damaged Cyclist's
    D7 :confused:

I think you should just stick to people who pay road tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seeing_ie

DarrenDay wrote: »
    I think you should just stick to people who pay road tax.

No such thing as road tax mate.

It's motor tax.

Look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 DarrenDay

seeing_ie wrote: »
    No such thing as road tax mate.

It's motor tax.

Look it up.
    The same boards.ie *****. ****ing hell. I put that there just to get that reaction. So predictable its painful.

Well you will be pleased to observe that the Road Surface on Infirmary Rd is now safer for all cyclists.

Thank you :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

The cycle lane on the North Circular Road stretch up to the Phoenix Park isn't great either - the stretch between Upper Grangegorman and Prussia Street is awful on the way up to the Park, really boneshaking stuff, and then there's a huge pothole just before Aughrim Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tracy Jacks

God yeh, it's just not possible to cycle in the cycle lane coming up the North Circular Road towards the park, way too many potholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well you will be pleased to observe that the Road Surface on Infirmary Rd is now safer for all cyclists.

Thank you :rolleyes:

Its been fixed for some time now.
    The cycle lane on the North Circular Road stretch up to the Phoenix Park isn't great either - the stretch between Upper Grangegorman and Prussia Street is awful on the way up to the Park, really boneshaking stuff, and then there's a huge pothole just before Aughrim Street.

Yes that's particularly bad (I cycle it too).

It's looking like not only Infirmary rd has been addressed but also Montpelier Hil, and now the roads in Phoenix park too……looks like a good summer is on its way!:D

Advertisement