Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The one, the only, Mile High Club.

• 19-08-2009 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Possibly the most difficult achievement to obtain, excluding those grinding ones such as 100,000 kills in Gear of War 2, and it is all I need to finish off Call of Duty 4.

After roughly 50 attempts, I can now reach the 2nd floor without any problems, (except the odd misfire or misthrow of a flashbang) with about 25 seconds to go.

I have made it to the double doors once, but I had only less than 2 seconds left so the objective failed.

I am adamant I will see this through, but does anyone want to share their experiences or information about this arduous task?

Seriously though, sometimes I just want to throw my controller through the TV...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

If you use your flashbangs just right you can run through the enemies and there killed by your buddies, at the double doors(slow-mo) you have roughly 10 seconds to kill the terrorist..

It took me alot more than 50 attempts to do it :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I finally officially gave up on trying to get this achievement today when I traded in COD4 & COD:WAW against Modern Warfare 2 (got €60 for both games due to a Gamestop special offer at the moment which is a very good deal IMHO).

Guess I'll forever have 980 points in COD4 LOL, just couldnt take it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

I tried it for 2 hours and got to the end once but shot the pres! Also when you reach the end only a headshot counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah its tough going but its worth it in the end ;)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭SwarfegaHead

Definately worth it!

Use of flashbangs is crucial. And drop your pistol for a P90 near the start, switching weapons is a lot faster than reloading :p

Once you establish a set pattern for yourself you'll get there eventually!

Easily the most frustrating-yet-enjoyable things I've done in a game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

After a few previous sessions of trying I eventually got it after four hours of trying one night. Even killed the hostage once which made me nearly kick the TV. :D

Easily the most difficult achievement I have done for such the short amount of time it should take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did it on my first go......on pc ..muhahahaha

just kidding guys...what's so hard about it? On the pc it's a piece of cake..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Look on youtube for a guide. That helped me a lot in getting it. Basically the secret is speed like Daz said, with a well placed flashbang you can run past some of the guys in the first open area and your team will finish them. With the guide I actually found it easier than No Fighting In The War Room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Rumour had is you can use your Pc's mouse and keyboard on the xbox, that would make things a lot easier doncha think? Dont have the achievement yet though meself!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

This is hardly the most difficult achievement to get. It just gets frustrating because there's particular ways you have to do it. I was taking many tries to get it myself, then I just looked at a YouTube video of it and I got it the next try. It's just the technique. You can get it!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Took me over 140 tries to get it.

1. Don't kill the guy in the toilet. RUN RIGHT PAST HIM QUICKLY

2. Run up to the front seat while picking off enemies behind them.
    DON'T FORGET YOU CAN SHOOT THROUGH THE SEATS

3. Go into the next room and throw a flashbang over the seats down the back. Sprint to the wooden barrier on the left and lie down behind it waiting for your teammates to clear the path.

4. Run up the stairs and throw a flashbang in the door. Shoot your war through and wait at the side and reload.

5. Throw a flashbang off the wall so that it goes down the narrow aisle and into the next room. Sprint in and kill as many as you can. Stab if you've no choice.

6. By this stage you'll prob be on red health so just throw another flashbang down the hall and do the same as before.

7. When the guy comes out of the room and you've to shoot him JUMP JUMP JUMP it takes you closer to him and your chance of a HEADSHOT** increases significantly.

GOOD LUCK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Holy ****!! I did it! Just completed it!! I can't ****ing believe it!! **** yeah!!

The timer said 0.6 seconds when it went to slow-mo for the one shot kill. I had gotten to that point two times previous, but shot the VIP instead.

Can't ****ing believe it!

I dread to think what MW2 will have to trump that!

Keep at it guys, it can be done!!

****in' delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Tough level tbh. If you're having trouble then check the tutorials on youtube. Think it took me about 2 hours solid to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Liber8or wrote: »
    Holy ****!! I did it! Just completed it!! I can't ****ing believe it!! **** yeah!!

The timer said 0.6 seconds when it went to slow-mo for the one shot kill. I had gotten to that point two times previous, but shot the VIP instead.

Can't ****ing believe it!

I dread to think what MW2 will have to trump that!

Keep at it guys, it can be done!!

****in' delighted!

Congrats... The parts in bold reflect exactly how I felt getting the 'Kick the Bucket' achievement in Guitar Hero II... Anybody who has it will know what I mean.

Yeah, I heard some of those achievements in Guitar Hero are ridiculous and for only 5G or 10G!

I would love for IW to release a trailer of Mile High Club 2.0 so we all know what to expect! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

this is what you want to be doing after that achievement. i watched this guy to learn the technique. he's very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nonnah-semaj

The key to the second floor s to just keep pushing on and not stop!! sounds crazy but its right!! once u get thru the double doors its all about flashing everyone of the bas**rds u c :D:D

nonnah+semaj.png

nonnah+semaj.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

When I got it, I picked up a P90 from one of the early guys and blasted my way through the second floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

At the moment I'm finding The Heart of the Reich on COD: WaW my hardest achievement!

• Advertisement

Jev/N wrote: »
    At the moment I'm finding The Heart of the Reich on COD: WaW my hardest achievement!

everyone says this is impossible on veteran i found it very easy to do (burn em out was a nightmare to get).

trick with heart of reich is to snipe soldiers from
    afar that are on the big gums and then go prone and slowly move up to plant explosives so that your army come up and kill off other germans.

when it gets to the point where you have to storm
    entrance simply climb ladder of ruined 2 story buildimg and keep sniping the soldiers they DO stop coming out and after the pillar falls watch for the few flamethrower guys.

key to this one is taking your time

In relation to Call of Duty: World at War, I read an article about a glitch in this game that makes Veteran very similar to Recuit, in terms of difficulty.

Method:

1. Select Solo and then Mission Select from the Main Menu.
    2. Choose the desired mission and pick Veteran difficulty.
    3. When you are in the mission move to the first Checkpoint where the game auto-saves. Then press Start and select Save and Quit.
    4. When you return to the main menu, go to Solo, then Mission Select again.
    5. Choose the same mission as before, but this time pick Recruit as the difficulty.

Here is the tricky part;
    When the loading bar comes up at the bottom of the screen, eject the disc at ~33%. This will bring you back to the Xbox Dashboard.

6. Put the game back in the drive and then load up the game.
    7. When you reach the main menu once more, select Resume Game.

Now, you will be brought back into your original Veteran Checkpoint Savegame, but you will be fighting Recruit AI.

Some people argue that you should eject the disc when the load in bar is full, instead of 33%, I have yet to verify which method is more accurate. However, after I attempted this I found the AI to be much more stupid than their Veteran counterparts. You will still receive Grenades, and one or two bullets and you can die, BUT, the AI has trouble focusing its attention on you. It would appear that the AI chooses not to attack you as much or has quite a bad aim.

I tested this briefly last night, and managed to walk through the initial long grass area of "Blowtorch and Corkscrew" with the flamethrower (standing up) and killed many Japaneese before I was killed.

Anyway, the glitch does appear to work. Give some feedback if you try it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Have you checked out the next gen walkthrough guide for this level.
    Those guys are really good, and their guides are class.

Heard HotR was impossible on veteran, and was dreading it, compared to the level before it (cant remember the name of it) I thought it wasn't too bad.

As Miju says Burn Em Out is probably the hardest level. I was stuck there for hours and nearly gave up.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Have you checked out the next gen walkthrough guide for this level.
    Those guys are really good, and their guides are class.

Heard HotR was impossible on veteran, and was dreading it, compared to the level before it (cant remember the name of it) I thought it wasn't too bad.

As Miju says Burn Em Out is probably the hardest level. I was stuck there for hours and nearly gave up.

I was at Burn Em Out for bout 5 hours and was INCREDIBLY frustrating when I got to last pit first time around and realised I'd no smoke grenades so was going mental having to redo level making sure I used just the 1 per pit.

Whatever about Heart of the Reich. On the last level Downfall it took me 1 hour to just get up the bloody stairs. The soldiers on that level are an evil shot from miles away LOL and the grenade fest that occurs as well is mental :mad:

Though WAW was very satisfying getting 1000/1000 (I'm ignoring those ****ty downloadable map achievements :-( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I only got 800 out of WAW.

After I beat in on veteran, I never played it again. Its not great in fairness, all the enemies do is shoot you through cover, throw 10,000s of grenades and occassionally spawn behind you and shoot you in the back. This took a lot of the fun out of it for me.

I had a nightmare on that stairs too at the end, I had no sniper rifle, so i had to half way back through the level and get a sniper rifle of a balcony then off to the stairs, and get killed...took over the hour to get up the stairs....

Those damn grenades. It slike Treyarch took an easy way to make Veteran hard but having enemies chuck thousands of grenades at you.

On that section before I got to the steps up to the Reich I stayed upstairs in the building on the left and kept taking out enemy with the sniper and a couple of other weapons up in the room. Eventually they did stop respawning making it simple enough to go up the steps and the pillar fell soon after. Just a few flamethrower guys to take care of then.

Burn em out though was well tough. Took ages to get it right.

bucks73 wrote: »
    Those damn grenades. It slike Treyarch took an easy way to make Veteran hard but having enemies chuck thousands of grenades at you.

agreed I dont mind a few grenades but when you suddenly see the grenade danger indicator light up on all sides what are you supposed to do :confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

I think I'll set a few hours aside later on to do it. Funnily enough I didn't think burn em out was the worst, took me a good while but didn't find it as bad as Heart of the Reich!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

WaW pissed me off too much. CoD4 was tough but it wasn't cheap. WaW was just cheap and after 6 levels on Vet, I had enough!

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    WaW pissed me off too much. CoD4 was tough but it wasn't cheap. WaW was just cheap and after 6 levels on Vet, I had enough!

Completely agree but i did finish it. Wasnt going to let it get the better of me. :D

Advertisement