Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The one, the only, Mile High Club.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

WaW on Vet is super cheap, accurate grenade spam everywhere.

When I did Mile High Club, the first time I made it all the way to the end, I shot the terrorist in the leg or shoulder or something, and it ended (you're supposed to hit him in the head). Did it again though and popped him in the head then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

bucks73 wrote: »
    Completely agree but i did finish it. Wasnt going to let it get the better of me. :D

I have very little time to play games at the moment so I'd rather get pissed off at a game that's tough but fair (like COD4s No Fighting in the War Room at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Col Man

I'm guessing you guys are indeed talking about completing Mile High Club on veteran. I tried it a good few times, got pretty close, but I couldn't really do it. I got fed up, but I decided to try and complete it on the easiest setting about 5 times in a row, just get the method down. Then I went back to veteran and did it on my second attempt. Could have been luck, but who knows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

chrislad wrote: »
    I have very little time to play games at the moment so I'd rather get pissed off at a game that's tough but fair (like COD4s No Fighting in the War Room at the moment)

this is another easy enough level actually. trick to it is to go prone when you get to the corridors and take the right hand side route in the first corridor and then left hand route in the 2nd corrider.

When you get to blast doors through a few flashbangs through the hinges of the door and run to the room on the left and kill the guys from there and your home free after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Have you checked out the next gen walkthrough guide for this level.
    Those guys are really good, and their guides are class.

Heard HotR was impossible on veteran, and was dreading it, compared to the level before it (cant remember the name of it) I thought it wasn't too bad.

As Miju says Burn Em Out is probably the hardest level. I was stuck there for hours and nearly gave up.

Thanks for this, completed it fairly easily! I think what I had done wrong was keep going from my original checkpoint after the first two 88s were blown up and whatever way it had saved was making the 2nd two impossible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Completing mile high on vet was one of the best gaming achievements ever. There's a real sense of satisfaction when you finally nail that last shot.

As for WAW, that was a pure balls altogether, I had to stay up until 5 one morning to complete it after a marathon 6 hour session on it. HOTR and Burn em Out were without fail the most infuriating levels ever. And due to the poxy glitch where it wouldn't save correctly after the first patch was installed, you basically had to completely finish the level each time to get any progress.
    I don't see the skill in grenade dodging and then getting lucky sprinting from cover to cover.
    Here's hoping that MW2 has a little more in the way of skill than pure luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Just got the Mile High Club achievement tonight, I've had the day off work and I've literally been attempting it all day, I was about to give up but delighted I didn't now, unbelievebly chuffed with myself:D.

I pretty much just flash-banged my way through the second floor, probably only killed 5 guy's and ran past the rest. Got to the VIP earlier on but fecked up the shot and killed the wrong guy, thought I'd never get a second chance, must have done 200 attempts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Tried it for the very first time tonight, half hour later, done and done :D
    Oddly enough ive not dont the campaign on vet tho, namely cause i just couldnt be bothered. Veteran pissed me right off, i spent hours trying to finish no fightin in the war room, and by the time i eventually got it, i was so pissed off i traded the game in without even trying to finish the last level :D

Advertisement