Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on the Student Accomodation

Options
  • 19-08-2009 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Well I'm going to Aungier St next month and I am hoping to get a place. Im looking into the ''student'' places. The ones like Herberton or The Forge.

basically whats has anyone heard/experienced about places like
    • Herberton
    • The Forge
    • any others?
    So would you reccomend places like them or would you advise me to go in for a private place

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Coco_16

i heard that the forge area isnt the most pleasant..
    bt thats only word of mouth btw, it wud b bettr 2 find someone who actually stayed round there.

i'm goin boltn st and was looking at those too bt opted for private instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 helloguys

do not go near forge stayed there....disaster please listen.. was in griffith to and thats just all rules worse than boardin school. but the forge is a serious no way..for your safety alone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Is The Forge in Fatima?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 helloguys

forge is on foley street probably the roughest street in dublin city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

I lived in the Gateway in Ballymun for 2 years, was absolutely fine and a reasonable commute. 100E a week bills included.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 willypoo

hey!!i stayed in herberton last yr....i wud DEFINITELY recommend it, its absolutely brill, if u dnt mind sharin a room an gettin to kno ppl an all that i jus had class craic!!only good memories of that place.and its in a great location too not too far outta the city buts its rite on the luas line only takes u about 10 minutes to get into town an another ten min walk to aungier st, ur payin the same wat u wud for ne other student accomm in dublin reali an frm wat i remembr electric an all that was included in the rent.and also the apartments are FANCY, all mod cons an all that an nice leather sofas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 jeveuxtevoir

I stayed in Herberton last year which is in Fatima... Its a good block.. Bit dodgy of an area at night for walking about and the locals can be a bit intimidating but like the actual apartments are class for student accom. They're all brand new and while we may hav done a bita damage last yr im sure its nothin they havent fixed :) They all have balconies and if ur one of the lucky ones (like me) you might get a penthouse with maaassive big balconies! Theres also a roof garden for everyone and the security guard guys are really nice and helpful. Its so handy for the luas like 15 mins to O'Connell St. Its like a 5 min walk up to centra in Rialto. I'd recommend it like I dnt know anything about the Forge but u cant really go wrong with Herberton..

Advertisement