Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Rain Risk: 19th/20th August 2009

Options
  • 19-08-2009 4:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭

Met Eireann Warning:

"Wednesday will be another breezy, humid and cloudy day. Spells of heavy rain in the west and northwest will extend to the east and southeast as the day goes on, and localised flooding may occur. Highest temperatures 17 to 19 degrees Celsius."

Just awoken by some torrential rain here in Galway. Looking at the latest radars, I can see why:

Met Eireann:

Web_radar.gif

UKMO:

Rain.jpg

Looking at the latest models, it looks as if a many parts of Ireland could be subject to occasional bouts of moderate to heavy rain at times being pumped up from the South Southwest from now until Friday morning. All areas at risk, with locally high rainfall totals in places.

Latest High Resolution Limited Area Model 24hr rainfall forecast from 7.00am this morning until 7.00am Friday morning:

Hirlam600am.jpg

Perhaps some interesting weather ahead for some over the next 36hrs! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Humid & rainy that makes ye sweat in a rain jacket but isnt warm enough to get rid of the chill of being damp. I hate this more than any other weather. Swine flu here i come! or am i just a sweaty person who is still getting rid of the weekends beer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

its pouring out of the heavens here in kerry:mad:some summer??

Advertisement