Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saboteur

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Blaggard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That accent is a total mess. The french one is pretty poor too. How hard is it to actually hire a voice actor from the country you are trying to portray?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I read an interview with Ken Levine a while back about Bioshock. He said they weren't going to hire the guy who voiced Atlas at first because they didn't think he sounded Irish enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

That's the thing about the Irish accent. To foreigner's the Irish don't sound Irish. That's why they have to have caricature accents so people know they're Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

Kirby wrote: »
    That accent is a total mess. The french one is pretty poor too. How hard is it to actually hire a voice actor from the country you are trying to portray?

aye, happens in tv/film all the time, just last week i heard some of the most horrificly bad irish accents in Burn Notice...

game looks aight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was watching the E3 footage and I get the same impression. It seemed very GTA like in arcade quality. But that may not be a bad thing. It could turn out to be a hell of a lot of fun.

Advertisement