Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backup Imagining Software for a group of servers

• 19-08-2009 6:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

I use ShadowProtect to backup 2 servers we have here in the office. Now we have backup exec as well to do the databases and our VMware environment and so on.

Now shadowprotect is pretty good. You can schedule an image backup every night and store in on a share, it will also do incremental and differential backups and you can the mount these backups as a virtual drives and browse through the files like a normal ntfs file system like in windows explorer. You can even use vmware converter to mount these images up as a virtual machine.

The only problem is the management of it that I am not happy with. So do you guys know of any alternative that can say easily manage taking images of servers?

Just looking for alternatives!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Acronis TrueImage Enterprise Server?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭tech

+1 Acronis is the job, Bare metal restores universal restore options . Great product

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

How does restore to different hard work? Good /Bad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Acronis I tried but the perfromance sucks big time. Now where near shadow protect.

Anyway I am now looking for something similar but with a view of backing up vm files in an ESX like .vmdk .vmx etc.

So any alternative out there or does vcb handle this well. I would like to back these files up to a windows file share.

Advertisement