Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zylkene - Stress Reducer

Options
  • 19-08-2009 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone here used Zylkene on their dog / cat. I've seen it on the NutreCare website. It's advertised as an effective way to reduce stress / anxiety.

Would like to try it on one of our cats who is afraid of her own shadow and gets re-occuring urinary tract infections.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of it.

Thanks,
    Cathy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

would be interested in this too as my cat is very shy with everyone except myself and my eldest daughter and also gets urinary tract infections,she recemended a plug in but since the cat could anywhere in the house i dont know if it would be of any use,,,,,anyone use these?????

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

I've used it with a cat who was inappropriately peeing in the house and after a week or so I noticed a significant decrease in the puddles.

If your cat is regularly getting UTI's then the the first thing you should invest in is a pet water fountain or a similar source of fresh running water. The Zylkene will probably help with the shyness but, as with humans, drinking more water is one of the most effective ways to preventing UTI's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clofty

Got the Zylkene in the post earlier this week from NutreCare so I'm gonna give these a shot and see if there is any difference in her general behaviour.

Joyce2009 - we tried the Feliway plug in but it didn't work for us. Some people swear by them.

Our girlie is semi-feral, so she is jumpy anyway. We've tamed her a bit and she'll sleep on the bed and let you pet and brush her but she still has a nervous nature which brings about these urinary infections.

Will keep you posted how I get on.

Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

thanks cathy,,our mother cat is so shy i'd love to have her just relax without her getting an infection

Advertisement