Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing on US Servers

• 19-08-2009 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Just wondering would there be much lagg playing on a US server if your playing from Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I play on Bleeding Hollow US server. Can't say my game suffers although I've never played on EU servers so maybe in PVP I might be amazed at the difference but I've rarely blamed lag for dying. For PvE you shouldn't have an issue. My connection hovers around the 300ms mark.

However, getting into long raids can suck. My last guild started raiding at around 1am my time. You can and will still get into raids at times normal to you but probably by pugging. Guilds just won't be on mostly. I just don't bother with them.

I joined US as my mate was on there and I wanted the guidance. If given the choice with hindsight I'd probably have picked EU as I think I'd have liked to raid regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

If you have a decent connection there should be no problem.

I played the first year of wow on both EU and US servers, but it was a chore playing with my mates ( went from CS to WoW) as they played mostly when id have liked to be asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

I play on Bleeding Hollow US server

Heh, so did I - on Horde. Is Clan Redeye still around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BilboBaggins

Was looking at playing on a US server, how do you pay or get gametime cards for the US Servers

DarthWraak wrote: »
    Heh, so did I - on Horde. Is Clan Redeye still around?

Can't say I've seen that name but I don't really notice clan names. I just kill you horde f'ckers when I see you. (If I can :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Depends what you want to do. You won't be getting pings lower than 100 so Arena etc. might be a pain.

For the most part you should be fine, I had about 300-450 pings when i played on US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

i used to play on a friend's account, wasnt that laggy though it was ok, i played EU stormscale before i quit, which was at times the laggiest server in the world but i <3'd it

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

I played a Human Warlock

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kalecgos&n=Luikang

on the US server Kalecgos from October 08 until about three months ago.
    I didnt experience any lag problems at all due to distance from the server but like some of the other posts I have never experienced an EU server.

However you do have to buy the expansions and time codes online I think. Haven't come across a shop that sells the US server accessories in Ireland

Hope this helps :)

There are sites where you can buy the keys from and you can use paypal to pay the subs.

Advertisement