Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIERCING PROBLEM

• 19-08-2009 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi all,
    got a snakebite piercing 4 weeks ago. went through the usual motions of swelling and all that. then 2 weeks after got smaller rings. now the left side of my lip has swollen up and the piercing seems to of cut the inside of the lip a bit. should i go back and get a bigger ring on the left or just stick it out a few days? thanks

oh there is no oosing puss or any ichyness.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Personally, I prefer healing with bars for that very reason - because after 2 weeks you are still liable to have piercings swell...

Try a cool chamomile tea compress on it to take down any swelling first, and see how it feels after that. If ther'es no change, I would be going back to get a bigger ring put in it - but you are running the risk of it prolonging the healing because you are changing it so often.

Don't play with it - just leave it alone as much as you can - any irritation is also likely to be causing it grief.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I had that when i got my snakebites done too, i originally got them done with studs, but wanted to try rings and as soon as i put them in i had sooo much trouble with them, and my lip started to be cut on the inside like yours, i went into think it was mark in stephens green and he had alot of trouble even getting the rings back out and then the studs back in after that. was very sore.

i know you might not like to hear it, but studs are really the best way to go until your piercings are completly healed. then work away with rings and whatnot. for the swelling i stuck ice into a teatowel and just walked around the house with that in the evenings, went down after couple days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Would bars not be much better than a stud?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Well thats generally what i mean when i say stud, sorry thats just me and my other words! but yeah bars = studs in my world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MizButtonz

Go back to where you got the piercing and get a bigger ring until the swelling comes down again.

There is no difference in healing with studs or rings in the lip. Surely if your lip swells, its going to pinch on the stud as much as it would pinch with a ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Did It Hurt??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Maybe try leave out the bolded text? Everyone can read it just fine normally :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ExcellentChoice

yeah i'd change to a bar if i where you,
    i got my lip pierced over a year ago and it still has the tendancy to swell up

Advertisement