Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Stoke Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Liverpool matchday thread in Lucas-Anderson willy-waving shocker!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Liverpool matchday thread in Lucas-Anderson willy-waving shocker!

I prefer the term dick-waggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Only a thread involving Liverpool could be filled with such sh'te. Really the Lucas argument again?

I'm expecting Liverpool to perform tonight, 2-0.

mayordenis wrote: »
    I prefer the term dick-waggling.

It doesn't have the alliterative zing of willy-waving, though!

Anyway, moving away from all that ManU-Pool provocative nonsense...

I'm expecting a good performance from Pool. They were rubbish against Spurs. Stoke may be difficult to break down but Pool have the quality and are at home. Comfortable 2-0 I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Fromvert wrote: »

I'm expecting Liverpool to perform tonight, 2-0.

Same here, I knew they would be in trouble at spurs after watching the pre season but stoke is a different game and it will be at least 3 nil to Liverpool if not more !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Des wrote: »
    You see this is where we differ. I think Lucas has hit a ceiling. Ando has not.
    Aren't/weren't you the boards football team coach? Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

My term for willy waving is "mickey swordfight."

Expect Johnson to have a stormer tonight and play almost as a second right winger. Matches like this were the reason he was signed in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Des wrote: »
    LolLucas and Ando are about at the same level, to be fair.

Except when it comes to their pricetag it seems.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Except when it comes to their pricetag it seems.;)

And Achievements. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Mr Alan wrote: »
    the song may be tongue in cheek, but we all know how over-rated he was for the last 18 months (a bit of realism is starting to occur now), the simple fact is SOME BLINKEREDUtd fans rated (some still do) as one of the best in the league-which was comical.

FYP..

and even with that I think a large part of the expectation and pre-rating was based on the hefty transfer fee and some pretty damn good performances both before and after joining United. He's still improving and will become a better player over time, and I'm far more excited about his potential than I am about Nanis for example..but I don't think he's a world beater just yet.

As for tonights game, I think Stoke have a genuine chance of scoring and I've gone with a cheeky (and very optimisitic :D) bet of Beattie first goal-scorer and Liverpool to win 2-1 at 100/1. As we saw in the Sunderland v Chelsea game last night, clubs can score against the run of play against any of the top sides, Liverpool are a little weakened in defence right now and Beattie could cause them problems.

Ultimately there should be far too much in liverpools locker for anything but a win, but you just never know in this league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Oh FFS, will ye give over with the lucas/anderson sh1te. Yer like a bunch of oul wimmin.

Anything other than a victory and the liverpool thread will be a free for all regardless of what tribe you follow for the next few days.

I expect benny to notch one and gerrard/torres to get another in a 2-0.

Boggles wrote: »
    And Achievements. ;)

Yeah, individually seeing as we're talking about two individuals, Lucas has won so much more than Anderson.

Glad we're in agreemant Boggles.

Yeah, individually seeing as we're talking about two individuals, Lucas has won so much more than Anderson.

Glad we're in agreemant Boggles.

You can't dismiss Andersons achievements just because Lucas doesn't have any.

Anyway, way off topic.

If Kitson starts tonight, I actually want Liverpool to win.

Horrible player!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

actually as far as i can find out online, Anderson has never won any individual honours, Lucas has won the Bola de Oura (Brazilian Footballer of the year)

:D

I'm sure you're happy with the CL & Leagues though, but they weren't individual honours, seen as your a fan of being as pedantic as is humanly possible

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Didn't take long for this thread to kick off, did it?

Anyways, I would prefer to be playing a different team tonight than Stoke tbh, but i think we should still win this, and if we can get an early goal (first 20 mins) then we could get a few. Of course the potential for a slip up is always there as with any premier league game, but I am still hopeful.

Predction - 2-0 home win.

Thread prediction: 385 posts and 2 warnings if it is a fairly comfortable win with a first half goal for pool. 753 posts and 6 bannings if Liverpool don't win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Boggles wrote: »
    You can't dismiss Andersons achievements just because Lucas doesn't have any.

Anyway, way off topic.

If Kitson starts tonight, I actually want Liverpool to win.

Horrible player!!

Kitson is back with reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Lucas has won the Bola de Oura (Brazilian Footballer of the year)

Must have been a very slow year for Brazilian football.

actually as far as i can find out online, Anderson has never won any individual honours, Lucas has won the Bola de Oura (Brazilian Footballer of the year)

:D

I'm sure you're happy with the CL & Leagues though, but they weren't individual honours, seen as your a fan of being as pedantic as is humanly possible

Don't forget the Brazillian underage captaincy Al.
    (That'd be the same team that Anderson was a part of IIRC)

ntlbell wrote: »
    Must have been a very slow year for Brazilian football.

True.
    I mean the winners for the previous 4 years were Kaka, Alex, Robinhio, and Tevez.

No eye for talent that lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You've kinda proven ntlbell's point, karma

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

mayordenis wrote: »
    Could see owen starting aswell but fancy burnley to grab a draw.

Now did you see anyone even mention this in the other thread? Grow up

Lucas will get a goal tonight i reckon.

Lucas will get a goal tonight i reckon.

bet ye a grand he won't LOL ;)

you have more money than sense young man.

flahavaj wrote: »
    You've kinda proven ntlbell's point, karma

Ahh, no I really haven't.

Or maybe it's been a slow half decade for all of Brazil too (the most naturally talented football nation in the world!), what with him being made captain of the national underage side.

This is the match thread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Gotta win this, hope we win this, need to win this!

Wanna see Nando get on the score sheet, 2-0, Torres and Yossi!

Jesus lads, just make a Man-Liverpool superthread and ye can peddle all these stale arguments ad nauseum. Does every thread have to be hijacked in this way? It's really annoying.

Ahh, no I really haven't.

Or maybe it's been a slow half decade for all of Brazil too (the most naturally talented football nation in the world!), what with him being made captain of the national underage side.

You're totally missing the point and continuing to prove mine.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Thank god Fink Goddie isn't on the premises! This ain't the thread for another Lucas / Anderson snooze fest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Jesus lads, just make a Man-Liverpool superthread and ye can peddle all these stale arguments ad nauseum. Does every thread have to be hijacked in this way? It's really annoying.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

That's actually a good idea.

"The Big Gay Lucas/Anderson Ranting and Raving Superthread"

ntlbell wrote: »
    You're totally missing the point and continuing to prove mine.

thanks

Ahh, now I see.
    English must obviously not be your first language.
    Explains a lot.
    No point in talking to you about is so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

9/2 the draw is very tempting. Can't see Stoke winning, but a draw is possible and the [possible]winnings could numb the pain :(

Ahh, now I see.
    English must obviously not be your first language.
    Explains a lot.
    No point in talking to you about is so.

compare the list players you posted then look at lucas.

The penny might drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Honestly lads, I logged on here to read peoples thoughts on the match tonight and I end up looking at this drivel. Deadskin and 5starpool are trying to put it back on track but to no avail due to sheer pettiness.

Liverpool need to get the win of course but what they need also is some good plays/shots on target/denfending etc... The Spurs v Liverpool match has left me slightly concerned but it was the 1st game of the season so hopefully it's down to the 1st team players rustiness.
    Ideally I'd want 3-0/4-0 but after last years and last weeks results I'm fearing a draw. In Greece at the moment so kick off's at 10pm over here. Plenty of pints and a good match with a great result would just make my holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Honestly lads, I logged on here to read peoples thoughts on the match tonight and I end up looking at this drivel. Deadskin and 5starpool are trying to put it back on track but to no avail due to sheer pettiness.

Liverpool need to get the win of course but what they need also is some good plays/shots on target/denfending etc... The Spurs v Liverpool match has left me slightly concerned but it was the 1st game of the season so hopefully it's down to the 1st team players rustiness.
    Ideally I'd want 3-0/4-0 but after last years and last weeks results I'm fearing a draw. In Greece at the moment so kick off's at 10pm over here. Plenty of pints and a good match with a great result would just make my holiday.

+1

Imo what's important tonight is that Liverpool play well and win (which I think they will). Of course i'd take any kind of win, but with all of the pre-season hyperbole about our chances this year I think it's important for the team to step and show the belief they had in the last few months of last season.

In Greece at the moment so kick off's at 10pm over here. Plenty of pints and a good match with a great result would just make my holiday.

Ah yeah, nothing like footy on hols!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

My heart says Pool win my head says a draw.
    After heading over to Anfield to witness this muck last year I have little hope.
    Same old story - inability to break poor teams down when they pack the defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Dub13 wrote: »
    I think this game is going to be very important for Liverpool,it was against teams like Stoke were we lost the league last season we just could not brake down the teams who came to Anfield and put 11 men behind the ball.

I hope Yossi starts.This game is not on the box but a few pubs have it on.

As i said in a post after the spurs game Dub13 , not having ANY points after 2 games is NOT an option for a team that wants to win the Premiership , especially after just 2 games , albeit 1 at home and 1 away , We`d have to go unbeaten for the remainder of the season and i dont see that happening on our current form , so whatever about us expecting a win or a draw , to be beaten tonight would be very bad news indeed , So i hope the team are up for it , gods knows Stoke will park the bus and the onus will be on us to go get the points , they will be happy with a draw , will we ?

Has the team been named yet?

@stargate - team won't be named until an hour before kickoff.

3 points, dont care if its 1-0 3-0 or 5-4.

We need to get some points on the board

Agreed :D

Dont see Stoke scoring at all , even after the poor defensive display sunday, but i do fear another 0-0. A draw would be bad, a loss devastating, I'll go for a good responce from Liverpool after the dissapointment from the weekend. 2-0 Liverpool win.

BumbleBee123 I`d be happy with that too

5starpool wrote: »
    Didn't take long for this thread to kick off, did it?

Thread prediction: 385 posts and 2 warnings if it is a fairly comfortable win with a first half goal for pool. 753 posts and 6 bannings if Liverpool don't win.

Haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Liverpool will win this,I fully expect them to batter that Stoke defense.

Sunday will have been a right kick in the @rse,it'll be all guns blazing tonight.
    It's not often you see so many poor individual performances from a Liverpool team and those players won't let it happen again.

• Advertisement

Ayala & Benayoun starting tonight supposedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Is it on the box anywhere? Considering going down the local if so...

Rockee wrote: »
    Is it on the box anywhere? Considering going down the local if so...

Not on Sky- Setanta or ESPN , some pubs with other sat coverage may have it tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Anyone got a decent stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Sopcast or Iraqgoals should do the trick. Looking forward to hooking up the laptop to the tv.

3-0 Liverpool win. I prefer Martin Kelly over Ayala but hopefully they shouldnt be under too much pressure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement