Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's up with Tubs

• 19-08-2009 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

Jaysus, where does he get those gobby guests he seems to drag up every day.

He has one on this morning and that accent!!!!!

Voice would go thru your head,Whitmore or something is her name.

laura Whitmore MTV, where do these gobby people come from??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I thought TYradio had overpowered the sweetshop twirp and had taken over the station. I tuned the ear in immediately expecting dramatic ransom demands but soon realised this was a big mistake. Scrabbling for the dials on the car radio my body began to shut down, or freeze up, drastic action had to be taken so I just managed to open the door and tucked and rolled. I last saw the jamjar entering the Liffey around the Point Depot.

That's a fair few really, really annoying people that he's had on recently and he can't handle them properly. So the listener gets this high pitched inane nattering interspersed with Tubs's usual, barely disguised, smug disdain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

In fairness the one he had on this morning was something else, there was no stopping her.

I could only understand half the words she was saying.

He's had a lot of these XFactor/Apprentice/ BB and other acting wannabees on recently.

Do my frikken head in.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/player_av.html?0,null,200,http://dynamic.rte.ie/quickaxs/209-rte-tts-thetubridyshow.smil

Go to about 31 mins in listen to the accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

one word: shrill.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Dear God that's excruciating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

God that is an awful noise, I think we all know one of those uber-bubbly/everything is fab types:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I never thought it was possible that I could hate one of the guests more than the smug bastard himself. Hate him and the show, it's the radio equivalent of a tabloid paper. Usual Irish "celeb" nobody's talking about some random issue of little relevance to anybody outside Dublin. Amanda Brunker, Fiona Looney, Joe O'Shea etc etc.... I have no interest in listening to what they have to say on any subject. Why dont they just give the extra hour (9-10) to Pat Kenny now that the LLS job has gone the other way?

She is annoying, but I think the sound mix by the production people made it worse. EQ seemed to be all off. Though that could have been the low quality download that I listened to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

It was the most D4 centric piece of banal sh1te I’ve ever heard on the radio, only surpassed by the time when he the southside princess, Rachel Allen on the TV show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Look ! Ireland is a small country and despite what u might think not the centre of the Radio Universe !

Not a greay variety of celebs to interview..hence the over reliance on gobby,opionated D4 and local media types.

That said there is no excuse for the wittering shower of shrill nobodies inflicted on us by the super smugg thin condesending,nasal up his own arse an lodged Tubridy.

Can't something be done ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

tbh wrote: »
    one word: shrill.

Thats no way to describe Flutterin'! :pac:

2000 hopefulls and thats was what they came up with, and she read the news? :eek:

In truth Tubbers is both bit horrified and patronising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I never thought it was possible that I could hate one of the guests more than the smug bastard himself. Hate him and the show, it's the radio equivalent of a tabloid paper. Usual Irish "celeb" nobody's talking about some random issue of little relevance to anybody outside Dublin. Amanda Brunker, Fiona Looney, Joe O'Shea etc etc.... I have no interest in listening to what they have to say on any subject. Why dont they just give the extra hour (9-10) to Pat Kenny now that the LLS job has gone the other way?

My sentiments as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Just saw the promos for it there on the telly.

It's no secret to anyone here that I hate the bsatard, but are they changing the show in any way or will it be the same guest, band, guest, band, guest, guest, phone quiz etc format that the show normally had?

He cant surely be bringing the audience game with him surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭essdee

I could only understand half the words she was saying.

But did you notice the mangle of words at 19 mins 15 secs, when she says "That's not one bit of hyperlative there" - a cross between hyperbole and superlative. Mrs. Malaprop would be proud.

Advertisement