Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sports &sligo it in general

Options
  • 19-08-2009 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi! Just wondering if anyone can help me, I am trying to find out about sports in sligo, particularly rugby? is there a rugby club? whats the main sport on campus? whats the gym like?
    Is there many dublin students? What are the main selling points in sligo?
    Its to help decide between level 8 & 7 offers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Alan20

katem wrote: »
    hi! Just wondering if anyone can help me, I am trying to find out about sports in sligo, particularly rugby? is there a rugby club? whats the main sport on campus? whats the gym like?
    Is there many dublin students? What are the main selling points in sligo?
    Its to help decide between level 8 & 7 offers!

There's is a rugby club in the college, I actually take part in it and it's really good. Had a good season, just lost out in points in the end. Plus we find any excuse to go out for a drink haha. There's every sport really, and the gym is fairly good. Not the biggest gym but it's cheap enough (110 for both semesters).

I've come across a few dublin students actually, it's mostly Donegal and Mayo students.

The main selling points are, it's a really good town, especially during rag week when it's mental! Always a good buzz. You're close to everything, depending on where you move in to. The lecturers are very good and they'll do more than their best to help you through. what course you going into?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 katem

Thanks, its physiology and health science. Do you know anything about it? never been to sligo campus so dont know much. any advice on good accomodation, whats near campus or is there special accomodation for students? is it far from the train station & shops? hopefully will get up early nxt wk b4 the round 1 offers close. all info appreciated!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Alan20

katem wrote: »
    Thanks, its physiology and health science. Do you know anything about it? never been to sligo campus so dont know much. any advice on good accomodation, whats near campus or is there special accomodation for students? is it far from the train station & shops? hopefully will get up early nxt wk b4 the round 1 offers close. all info appreciated!!

All science courses are really good! They have a big enough lab for the physiology and health science crowd, i'm doing pharmaceutical science, but all first year science class are similar, so they cover the fundamentals of biology, chemistry and physics and there's about 9 hours of lab work a week. but i think ye might be covering different stuff, meant to be a good course though

there's three student accomodation places located near the college, you can get details of that on the site. i lived in private accomodation out in cartron, and i'd advise you against the place, got robbed twice. Moving more central this year, but i'll still be close to the college. if you live on the college campus, you're only about 8 minute walk from tesco and everything the town can offer really. the train station is about a 12 minute walk and it's just above the bus station.

Advertisement