Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happens to H.Dip students if Swine Flu hits?

• 19-08-2009 12:00pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭

May be a bit selfish to think, but what would happen to me as a H.Dip student if schools or colleges get shut down due to Swine Flu?

Presumably if my secondary school was shut down, I could get a placement in another. But what happens if all the schools go on an extended leave? Likewise what happens if the college has to go into a shut-down mode; would it affect my degree if I ended up missing half a year through no fault of my own?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would expect if they have to close (and you know no-one in Ireland will take such a decision until it's too late) it would only be for a number of weeks, so it would not affect you really, just delay visits and the like.

We use Moodle and could still carry on some sort of classes.

Advertisement