Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather in Sept?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea what the weather is expected to be like in September? Any medium range forecasts on the net?

I hope to take a couple of wks off to paint the house and do some traveling/hiking around Ireland.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 happytractorman

according to that dude from new zeland that matt cooper has on his show it looks like the first 2 weeks of september are to be nice and sunny ! he has got the predictions correct in the past so lets hope he's right again.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

according to that dude from new zeland that matt cooper has on his show it looks like the first 2 weeks of september are to be nice and sunny ! he has got the predictions correct in the past so lets hope he's right again.

Here's what he said:

AUGUST, another wet month for all, with the east the chance of dry windows 4th-9th and 21st-25th and the SOUTH some sun 25th-30th.

SEPTEMBER, likely to be the warmest and most summery month for all, with best of summer weather between 6th-17th for the whole country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Big Tone wrote: »
    Here's what he said:

AUGUST, another wet month for all, with the east the chance of dry windows 4th-9th and 21st-25th and the SOUTH some sun 25th-30th.

SEPTEMBER, likely to be the warmest and most summery month for all, with best of summer weather between 6th-17th for the whole country.

Well so far he's been wrong, at least for the Dublin area, - August has been drier than normal up to yesterday - Casement had only 30% and Dublin Airport only 40% of August's rainfall up to then. Although today's rain probably brought it closer to normal. Also, to be fair there was virtually no rain recorded from the 4th-9th in the Dublin area - the driest days of the month - hope he's right about the next 5 days although it doesn't look likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captain Furball

Mobhi1 How many kilometers square is DUBLIN? Did you expect the forecast to be just for You?
    This guy is always bang on with his predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Here's Ken's daily predictions in detail for the Dublin area this September.
    I'll be able to keep a daily record and see how close he really is.

The 2nd week looks like the best part of the month and overall not too bad.

http://www.celbridgetidytowns.com/weather/weather-predict-sept-2009.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Mobhi1 How many kilometers square is DUBLIN? Did you expect the forecast to be just for You?
    This guy is always bang on with his predictions.

Whats his name is there a web site?

ta

duckysauce wrote: »
    Whats his name is there a web site?

ta

www.predictweather.co.nz

Ken Ring is his name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭octo

Joe Public wrote: »
    www.predictweather.co.nz

Ken Ring is his name

This guy predicts by a method that has eluded the rest of modern science. He says he has discovered a relationship between phases of the moon and weather. Dial-a-psychic would be just as accurate.

Make enough predictions and some of them are bound to come true. He said August would be a wet month, which it isn't, and there would be dry spells in the south from 25th-30th. An inch of rain on the 25th in Valentia doesn't look like a dry spell to me.

He's a quack. His essay on Meteorology's wrong turning is a rant about climate change. Climate change is bogus, therefore meteorology is bogus. Still, I'll bet there are suckers out there who'll pay for this nonsense.

octo wrote: »
    He said August would be a wet month, which it isn't, and there would be dry spells in the south from 25th-30th. An inch of rain on the 25th in Valentia doesn't look like a dry spell to me.

It seems fairly wet to me and the soil is wetter than normal in all parts of the country. Most stations are above normal rainfall for August.
    Valentia is a bad rep for the south since it traditionally has almost the highest rainfall recordings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

THe said August would be a wet month, which it isn't,

Are you crazy ?
    August has been a bloody washout ,its rained nearly every day where I am .

Are you crazy ?
    August has been a bloody washout ,its rained nearly every day where I am .

You're right - I was only looking at Dublin and the east coast, which was slightly drier than normal.

He's still a charlatan.

He did have Monday ( today ) as the first day of the settled spell, we'll just have ignore this evening's and tonight's weather.

Joe Public wrote: »

He did have Monday ( today ) as the first day of the settled spell, we'll just have ignore this evening's and tonight's weather.

Thanks for putting that up. If Met Eireann gave a prediction like that, they`d be hammered.

Thanks for putting that up. If Met Eireann gave a prediction like that, they`d be hammered.

Met Eireann don't do long range predictions but they get hammered anyway. BBC's Met had a go at one for this year but got it way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Here's what he said:

This is as close to being the most accurate prediction as I've ever seen, and the above prediction made in March this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 happytractorman

well spotted B.T . the best long range forcast ever , some people think the weather is whats going on above their house ! narrow minded , to be within a day or so 6 months ago is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This is as close to being the most accurate prediction as I've ever seen, and the above prediction made in March this year!

Yes, a superb prediction indeed. If the models are correct, bar a brief interruption, this settled spell may even last right through until the end of September.

Rtavn3601.png

Advertisement