Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Power Folding Mirrors

• 19-08-2009 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried to fit power folding mirrors to their cars?

If so - would this be easy to do and what is required? What price would I have to pay.

I'm looking at putting a set on my Mondeo... So any info would help.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Never fitted them but my car has them.

This may be of help to you, my previous car, a focus could be retrofitted with power fold mirrors from Japanese spec focus easily enough. This could also be the case with the mondeo. Might be worth looking into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

EPM wrote: »

Cheers for the link - the wiki link reveals a bit more.

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Powerfold_Mirrors_With_Puddle_Lights_Retro-fit

However I presume this info relates to UK cars with better specs than ours. My mondeos' current mirrors arent electric - whereas I presume all the UK models were.

Mine in a 06 LX - so its a facelift model but something tells me this project could be tougher than the wiki says... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've retrofitted them to an X3 and a MINI. The important thing is that the car must have originally had folding mirrors available from the factory. You need to order the OEM Mirrors (The motors are in the mirrors), and if necessary, the mirror mounts for the doors.

You then need to find a car with them fitted, and use a stopwatch to time how long it takes them to fold. Then get in touch with MikeytheMINI over at newministuff.com, and he'll build you a timer circuit to activate the motors with plug n play wiring, and it'll take you no time to install them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Can I ask why you want to add these? Is it just cos they're cool (I had them on my car they are wicked cool)? Or do the mirrors that are currently on not fold in enough/at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Can I ask why you want to add these? Is it just cos they're cool (I had them on my car they are wicked cool)? Or do the mirrors that are currently on not fold in enough/at all?

Advertisement