Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bent pin on a ASUS P6T Deluxe

Options
  • 19-08-2009 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Has anybody had and got around this problem?
    I updated my system to i7 and I fear I may have bent a pin on the LGA 1366 Socket installining the CPU.
    It booted and installed the OS. While doing this it kept asking for Bios to be updated. Finally it wont POST or even boot to Bios.

Komplette says I cant RMA cause this voids the warrenty.

Has anybody overcome this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

try these guys iv heard a couple of people on here using them http://www.computersunlimited.ie/computerrepairs%20-%20Motherboard.htm or try rma it through asus i sent back a moniter recently found them great hope it helps nothing worse than ur new toy breaking lol

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

Thanks Massy086. I reinstalled the Cpu and while doing so had a look at the pins on the Lga 1366 socket. Oddly there looks like there was a problem with a pin but on closer inspection with a magnifying glass it looks like only very slightly. With nothing to lose I manouvered it in line with the other pins and now(fingers crossed) all is well. Somehow I dont think that was the problem but I'm up and running.

Thanx again for the reply and the great link.

Advertisement