Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania, Trouble AGAIN!

Options
  • 19-08-2009 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all!
    I ordered a new camera from PIXMANIA on the 3rd of august. I payed by bank transfer the same day.
    Two weeks after, i still don't have any news on my order! :confused::confused:
    The order tracking tools on their website is telling me that they are still waiting for my payment but the money has been taken from my account effectively since the 5th of august according to my bank! :confused:

Hopefully.. i asked for a UPS fast delivery!!! :mad:

I send few mails and each time is the same stupid answers.. :eek:

Thank you for your e-mail.
    After checking in our database, we confirm that we have not received any payment via bank transfer.
    Please note that bank transfers can take up to 10 working days to be received. After 10 working days we can investigate this case further and check with your bank to locate payment.
    Once the payment is received, your order would be processed shortly and you should be contacted by email shortly.
    Thank you for your comprehension and patience.

So i called after the 10 days, and SURPRISINGLY! They still didn t come back to me!

:mad:
    I am certainly pissed!

I m going on holiday next week, and i want my camera!

Do you know any way so i can get this camera quicker? a phone number for pixmania in ireland or france and not in India??

Any threat that work on them?

or do i have to ask for my money back instead?

thx for the help.

By the way, i do hope that a Pixmania mediator find this post and come up with a solution, a commercial gesture even because i dont think i have payed the extra fees for an express delivery to get my camera one month later ( if i ever get it! )

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd recommend removing your order number details from your post

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Pixmania monitor boards.ie from time to time and have a user account setup for replying.

Maybe send a PM to this account. I DOUBT you will have your camera for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ayacharly

Hi there!
    Thx for the tips.
    Just got a message back from them. Well, nothing new really...
    they re telling me one more time that my money is not arrived yet on their account and that they will check why with their bank.

i let u know.

Ayacharly wrote: »
    Hi there!
    Thx for the tips.
    Just got a message back from them. Well, nothing new really...
    they re telling me one more time that my money is not arrived yet on their account and that they will check why with their bank.

i let u know.

Get a letter from your bank detailing

1. When they sent the money
    2. Where it was sent
    3. How much was sent

THEN

1. Reg post this to Pixmania
    2. Scan it [if you can] and PM it to PixMania boards user.

If no joy, talk to your bank about options in reversing payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You need to contact your own bank first, and confirm that the payment went to the right place. I don't think they can reverse a payment, but they should be able to investigate, with the recipient bank, what happened to the payment. Go in, or ring them, and ask what you can do.

• Advertisement

Hello!
    I just called them and promise that i d be receiving my camera either tomorrow or on monday!

Fingers crossed!

Thx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

RangeR wrote: »
    Get a letter from your bank detailing

1. When they sent the money
    2. Where it was sent
    3. How much was sent

THEN

1. Reg post this to Pixmania
    2. Scan it [if you can] and PM it to PixMania boards user.
    Or save yourself a lot of time and simply ask them to send you the SWIFT message which any bank can trace down directly (it is what they'll end up looking for anyway so save everyone a bit of time that way :) ).

It is surprsing how many times I've had a refund once I requested the SWIFT confirmation from the bank :)

hi there! just to let u know!
    I did receive the ups mail and i m supposed to be delivered today!

Thx for the help.

Just got the package!

Everything fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Piece of advice: heed all the information on here, pay the extra few €€ and buy somewhere else!

• Advertisement

Jev/N wrote: »
    Piece of advice: heed all the information on here, pay the extra few €€ and buy somewhere else!

Pixmania really do seem to be getting bad "reviews" on boards over the past while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 umlungu

RangeR wrote: »
    Pixmania really do seem to be getting bad "reviews" on boards over the past while.

man, i wish i had read this earlier.
    I ordered a laptop from them on 30/08/09, now a week and a half later I'm still waiting for it! I wouldn't be so annoyed if they'd at least sent a quick email explaining what the hold up was, but obviously that's asking too much ^^

So I phoned them up yesterday, requesting to cancel the order as it hadn't even left the warehouse yet and the dude on the other side tells me i have to wait for delivery before I can cancel it, but can't tell me when it's going to be delivered or even sent...wtf is that all about?!

Well I for one, will never even consider buying anything from them again, which is sad because they do have some nice stuff at reasonable prices, but it's just not worth the headache. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Just note if paying by bank transfer make sure you use SEPA if possible.

Its takes 3 working days for a SEPA transfer, it takes up to ten working days for a normal one and SEPA is usually free !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

craichoe wrote: »
    Just note if paying by bank transfer make sure you use SEPA if possible.

Its takes 3 working days for a SEPA transfer, it takes up to ten working days for a normal one and SEPA is usually free !!
    Err what are you talking about? SEPA payment is a low cost bulk payment and hence the bank holding it for 3 days to compensate for the fee but a normal transfer is usually done with in 1 day (at a higher charge).

The only reason a payment would take 10 days is because you've put in incorrect details and/or not filled in all details which caused a delay for the bank to allocate it/required intervention to correct the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

umlungu wrote: »
    So I phoned them up yesterday, requesting to cancel the order as it hadn't even left the warehouse yet and the dude on the other side tells me i have to wait for delivery before I can cancel it, but can't tell me when it's going to be delivered or even sent...wtf is that all about?!

Assuming you paid with your credit card, ring Pixmania and say "If you do not cancel my order and refund me right now, I will be instructing my bank to do a chargeback".

They will cancel your order quick-sharp. If a company receives more than a certain amount of chargebacks in a given time period, they can lose their merchant status - i.e. won't be able to accept card payments anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 umlungu

Yeah, I'm going to give it until Tuesday and if they still haven't sent it, I'll be calling the bank.

Advertisement