Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Noob Questions.

Options
  • 19-08-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have an old sony amp at my house and my dad has a brand new amp at home with hdmi in and out (sorry for not posting models i will post them later not at home at the mo). i have been trying to setup surround sound but, i can never seem to get it right and i think the main reason is that i dont understand how it works. We both have xbox 360's with optical cable going in.

1.What is dolby digital?
    2. Is it a way of transcoding a 2 chanel input into sourround sourround?
    3. why is it when i seem to get the sourround sound working, the sound effects are really loud and the voices are so low?
    4. What is the difference between dolby digital and dolby digital pro?
    5. Is dolby digital the only way of getting sourround?

sorry if my questions sound totally stupid, but im trying my best to understand it.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I am not trying to be smart, and I would love to post lengthy and informative answers to each of your queries, but I think that all our time would be best spent for the minute on you googling "dolby digital" and "surround sound".

When you have more specific questions, post them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

thanks for your response i would of never thought of googling it by myself!

Advertisement