Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help me in motoring about tractors on roads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Saw that thread yesterday. There's actually no point. You're not going to change anyone's mind and it'll just end up as a slagging match. These debates always do. Plus the anti-tractor brigade are just going to bring up examples of bad tractor driving to back up their argument. And lets face it there's plenty of that too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

Saw that thread yesterday. There's actually no point. You're not going to change anyone's mind and it'll just end up as a slagging match. These debates always do. Plus the anti-tractor brigade are just going to bring up examples of bad tractor driving to back up their argument. And lets face it there's plenty of that too!

i know but i wana see what all the townies and city folk are like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

bk1991 wrote: »
    i know but i wana see what all the townies and city folk are like

It isn't just them that get annoyed with ignorant tractor drivers, I live in the country and they píss me off sometimes too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

CJhaughey wrote: »
    It isn't just them that get annoyed with ignorant tractor drivers, I live in the country and they píss me off sometimes too!

most tractor drivers be it farmer or other are not good for allowing other motorists over take , i was on a main road on wednesday and and old farmer in a 135 was driving 15 mph with about a dozen cars behind him , he could have pulled on to the hard shoulder but didnt , luckily i was going the other way so wasnt held up

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

I know plenty ignorant farmers who would not pull over and block the roads up as much as possible. They give all us farmers a bad name. Pointless tread to start IMO. People have a problem with tractors on the road for a reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Waste of time this entire topic, there are plenty of ignorant truck, bus, van and car drivers too, so bloody what? As long as people pay their road tax and insurance not a whole pile you can do about it.

johngalway wrote: »
    Waste of time this entire topic, there are plenty of ignorant truck, bus, van and car drivers too, so bloody what? As long as people pay their road tax and insurance not a whole pile you can do about it.

the difference being vans , trucks and cars are capable of doing over 25 mph , its more inconsiderate than ignorant , an annoyance more than a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

irish_bob wrote: »
    the difference being vans , trucks and cars are capable of doing over 25 mph , its more inconsiderate than ignorant , an annoyance more than a problem
    Inconsiderate or Ignorant, it becomes a potentially lethal problem when it leads to frustrated drivers taking chances and endangering themselves and other road users.

Inconsiderate or Ignorant, it becomes a potentially lethal problem when it leads to frustrated drivers taking chances and endangering themselves and other road users.

little ol ladys doing under 30 in micras causes as much frustration but its an area where farmers need to improove , no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭emaherx

tTrue, but those drivers are just as bad, there is no excusse for taking risks.
    And it seems most people think the best time to over take a tractor is when the tractor driver turns on his/her right hand turn signal.
    there are good and bad drivers in every kind of vehicle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement