Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted 54cm road/hybrid bike

• 19-08-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Looking for a bike for communting to work
    frame size around 54cm
    Look for something under the €200 mark or there abouts...
    any offers please pm me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

I know this is over your budget but from experience you won't get anything more than a rusty old clunker for 200.

I have a Giant OCR Compact road bike with full Shimano 105 Groupset. It's 54cm with a light aluminium frame and aero carbon fork. It's a perfect bike for a fast commute and clocking up training miles.

Components: Full Shimano 105 Groupset (Triple)
    Wheels: Mavic Open Pro Rims/Ultegra Hubs (Bulletproof commuting wheels)
    Tyres: Continental Gator Skins (Puncture resistant)
    ITM seatpost
    Deda Handlebars

There are two sets of brake levers, one on the shifters as normal and one on the handlebars, like in this picture but two levers for front and back. This gives you the drop bars of a road bike and the quick access to brakes (while riding in a traffic friendly position) of a hybrid and has saved my ass countless times in city centre traffic! If you don't like this setup I can remove them.

The pedals are two sided (flat and SPD) so once you make the transition to proper cycling shoes you won't need to buy pedals.

http://www.madsnail.net/images/bikebuild/38_salsa_casseroll_crosslevers1.JPG

It has been fully serviced (including hubs and headset) and has new brake pads, cassette, chain and chainring. It needs a new rear brake caliper and front derailleur which will be replaced before sale. It has been kept indoors and cleaned/degreased/oiled weekly.

I've spent over 170 (and counting on replacement parts) and the bike was 1200 new so I'm looking for a very reasonable E500. Selling due to upgrade.

Advertisement