Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to rathmines what is available there at the moment?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

moving to rathmines town centre at the back of aldi,what are my options on broadband,whats available in that area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

On DSL you can get eircom and all the usual resellers (imagine, Perlico etc). Magnet also launched services there a while back - I don't think you can get the full service from Smart or BT.

Wireless will probably depend on what's beside you for a good service.

UPC may also be in the neighbourhood.

All in all you should have a decent choice ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

cheers for your info mate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

F**k all compared to the rest of Dublin.

Before Magnet set up shop in Rathmines with their own LLU broadband products, the majority of larger towns in Ireland had more choices than Rathmines.

Also, UPC are as busy as bees digging up the streets of Dublin 6 to upgrade the cable network to support broadband/phone stuff etc. The end of october has been mentioned as a date for the last upgrades to finish there, but some places will be done well before then.

I hear the mobile internet options are even worse than they usually are in Rathmines, due to the high demand among the student/immigrant populace.

IBB/Digiweb fixed wireless broadband is generally available, but not every spot is covered.

Rather-b-driving's post is spot on so I won't go into DSL options.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

If anyone needs any help on this you all know by now that I'm more than happy to oblige.

Advertisement