Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train to Drumcondra

Options
  • 19-08-2009 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey could someone tell me if you can get the train from Connolly Station to Drumcondra. If one can, is it the dart of an intercity service? Any ideas about fares and how often it runs would be great as well, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Runs pretty regularly, it's the Commuter service on the Maynooth line and last time I got it the fare was around 2 euro each way give or take.

You can get all the timetable stuff on www.cie.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SueWho

Yes you can-it's not dart, it's the intercity service that runs to Maynooth. Not all of the trains that go through Drumcondra stop there though (think there are express services to Longford and Mullingar) so make sure you check the timetables/ ask someone at Connolly before you get on. The last time I used that service it cost €17 for a weekly ticket from Drumcondra to Leixlip so I can't imagine a single fare from Connolly to Drumcondra would be more than €3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Kiddynamite

Nice one cheers for the info and quick reply lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

This amazes me. Its nearly as quick to walk. Such laziness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Kiddynamite

There's these things called bags and they can be big and heavy you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

SueWho wrote: »
    Yes you can-it's not dart, it's the intercity service that runs to Maynooth. Not all of the trains that go through Drumcondra stop there though

The service you want is called the Arrow, and stops at all (AFAIK) suburban and outer suburban stops on the line

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The fare is €1.65
    Adult Day Return €2.80

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

SueWho wrote: »
    Yes you can-it's not dart, it's the intercity service that runs to Maynooth.
    Its neither.
    TarfHead wrote: »
    The service you want is called the Arrow, and stops at all (AFAIK) suburban and outer suburban stops on the line
    Teh Arrow brand was dropepd years ago. Its now Suburban.

Advertisement