Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

marketing or tourism

Options
  • 19-08-2009 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

hi everyone ,looking for a bit of info,my daughter got offered buisness and marketing or buisness and tourism in l.i.t.has anybody done or is doing any of these?marketing seems straightforward enough but was wondering what she would do when she finishes .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭IRISH DAYWALKER

i was thinking about doing the marketing course myself you get the potion to learn spanish or fench if you want which i think is cool, i looked around the internet for marketing jobs and there seems to be quite a few around the place and they pay well i dont know how much money a graduate would get... as for the tourism i havent a clue really but i can imagine it dosent pay well.... but happyness is the key as long as your daughter is happy who cars

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bef

thanks ,did a little research myself in the meantime and she decided on marketing,seems more up her street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭IRISH DAYWALKER

thats good it seems like and interesting course, im starting accounting there in september

best of luck hope you enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

bef wrote: »
    hi everyone ,looking for a bit of info,my daughter got offered buisness and marketing or buisness and tourism in l.i.t.has anybody done or is doing any of these?marketing seems straightforward enough but was wondering what she would do when she finishes .

I finished Business and Marketing course 4 years ago now. Not sure how much it has changed since then. It offers a good Business Degree and the Marketing section is very interesting. It also covers areas like Accounting and IT. When I was there I thought it lacked a Project Management module though.

Also Marketing Jobs in Limerick are difficult to come by, most been based in Dublin. Out of about 20 people from my course I'm still in touch with, only 3 now work in a marketing role and only one is based in Limerick.

I myself was offerd a Graduate place with a large mutinational company after completing my degree, with the promise of a marketing job at the end of it. But these these offen change as I am still with the company in a role that has very little to do with marketing.

Hope your daughter is a success whatever she chooses.

• Advertisement

thanks for that input hope ther'es something out there for her in a few years time.

Advertisement