Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Hair Dye Help

• 19-08-2009 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Any help with the following much appreciated:

I have dyed my hair myself for years but usually only browns and reds. My natural colour is quite a light brown. For the last year and half I have been getting highlights in my hair to gradually bring it to a blonde colour for a change. Currently its kind of blonde/brown and my problem is my roots are showing at the moment and I can't afford to get the full works done on it in a salon at the moment.

I was thinking of buying a home dye kit from the chemist in a nice subtle blond tone. I have never dyed my hair blonde myself and I am just wondering will it end in disaster or will the fact that it is already pretty much a blonde colour make it work? I am just a bit paranoid about having green hair going to work tomorrow :eek:

Any one any tips/advice??

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

I wouldnt risk doing it at home if you already have highlights in it. I did it before and ended up with a bald patch (not very attractive). I get mine done at home by a local hairdresser who does nixers, do you know anyone who does this or a friend who gets it done and you could "borrow" her hairdresser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭peanut66

Hey Supertyper,

Thanks for the reply, I don't really know anyone who could do it for me unfortunately. I don't really like the idea of risking it either but I just hate looking at those roots. I have to go to the chemist anyway so I might have a read of the box and see how brave or foolish I feel .LoL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Eeeek, I wouldn't really advise dying over your highlights at home, it could be awful! I've tried dying my hair blonde a few times and it sort of ended up a lovely orangey colour, with bright blonde roots! That's fine for me 'cause I don't actually care what colour my hair is and if it all goes wrong, I can usually dig another colour out from the back of my wardrobe haha.

Your hair sounds nice though and I presume the highlights were expensive so I have to say, leave it! Also, dying over highlights is difficult 'cause the lighter strands of your hair will take the colour differently and your roots will probably end up a different colour too so you'll be left with multi-coloured hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭peanut66

Yikes Im scared now! Cheers for the advice Novella. I better get saving so........ :( God damn you High Maintenance Hair!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I didn't mean to scare you haha :)

You could ask your hairdresser for an all over colour next time and then you could just dye it at home yourself from then on, save you some pennies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement