Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downgrading

• 19-08-2009 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭

hi all,
    im wondering will garages/dealers let you down grade cars? ie trade in your 10000e car for a 6000e car and be refunded the difference. im aware that I will only get trade price for my own car. im getting married and could do with the extra $$:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Can't say for sure but I've a feeling you wouldn't have much luck at all with something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Why don't you just sell your car and buy a cheaper one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

Gurgle wrote: »
    Why don't you just sell your car and buy a cheaper one?

im going to advertise the car for sale first of course! I was just contemplating this as a last resort!

I dont think il have much luck on carzone though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Most garages won't take a car in unless there is cash going their way. Especially now when it seems only the cheap stuff is selling. You sure you need the extra money/. This sounds like it will cost more in the long run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

You might have better luck with a private part exchange with someone looking to trade up

• Advertisement

its not life or death anyway. I just have herself in my ear about wedding and that i dont need such an expensive car (i dont).
    if its going to cost more in the long run i wont be doing it but if i can sell it for a decent price il be happy enough.
    as you said the garages prob wont be interested so il stick to trying to sell it privately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Whats the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So what is it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

murf313 wrote: »
    its not life or death anyway. I just have herself in my ear about wedding and that i dont need such an expensive car (i dont).

Buy earplugs, problem solved:pac:

2005 mini cooper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

The cheapest 05 Cooper on the web is €10750, but its unusual in that its diesel.

The cheapest petrol variant is €11995, which is a bit overpriced IMO.

If you were to approach a garage with your car, i reckon you'd get about 8k for it, maybe 8.5k if its mint. So, you'd still have to buy another car, possibly tax it, service it, test it. With all that done you wouldnt have a whole lot of cash left for your wedding out of the sale.

Tell your queen that your car isnt really worth that much.

bmw dealer offered me 10 for it earlier.

think il be keeping it, im quite attached to it any way :)

shes going to go mad..... il just buy the earplugs i think :D

Advertisement