Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning does not make sense

Options
  • 19-08-2009 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

I got this warning because i pointed out something to foolow people.Its like discussing the latest news in the local paper as i did not do the crime but was discussing it.
    Some of these moderators need to really look at the big picture;)instead of just infracting people who are discussing different topics.

Now can i ask the mod watty to point out to me were he says i was discussing how to steal pay tv????:confused:

watty
    white_star_4.gif

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Foreign Satellite, Hobby Radio, Cable & Digital TV

You have received an infraction at boards.ie
    Dear upthedub,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Breach of Forum Charter
    Breach of Charter.

Discussing how to steal pay TV.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61689335
    Quote:
    It aint my problem..biggrin.gifil stick to skywink.gif

Some of these fellas selling these new exactly what was going to happen again so there not bothered.
    All the best,
    boards.ie
    user_online.gifforward.gif reply_small.gif reply_all.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm pretty sure the forum charter there forbids *all* discussion of such equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the forum charter there forbids *all* discussion of such equipment.
    The discussion was of no harm..Can you show me this in the rules??

Its similar to discussing something that is a crime from the local paper "its discussuing it not commiting it".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Try here

Where it says:
    There will be NO discussion allowed in here in relation to receiving cable TV illegally. This includes discussion of the associated Hardware, such as *******, Starview, etc.

That seems clear enough to me.

It's not for you to decide what's considered "harm" or not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭upthedub

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Try here

Where it says:

That seems clear enough to me.

It's not for you to decide what's considered "harm" or not :)
    Il go with that but thats a load of boloko if ya ask me.Seems a bit ott.I was not discussing how to set it up..or as "watty" said stealing cable tv so il leave it anyway:D

Advertisement