Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees are in,it seems

Options
  • 19-08-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

I've just registered for this coming year and saw this .I thought this years applicants were getting away without fees?.I at least expected something in the media about this

I've looked around and the general answer was they weren't in this year.Mods move/delete this if I'm being a bit thick about this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

You forgot to tick a box somewhere to say you were Irish born or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Nope,I've triple checked that.Unless its a mess up somewhere[prays it is]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

That came up for me too . . . I stated my race was white-Irish aswell . . . My mother said the Dep of Ed may not have paid the colleges yet or somethin:confused: . . I'm stumped too . .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I've just registered for this coming year and saw this .I thought this years applicants were getting away without fees?.I at least expected something in the media about this

I've looked around and the general answer was they weren't in this year.Mods move/delete this if I'm being a bit thick about this

Having a quick glance at that they seem to believe that you are from the EU and not Ireland.

You probably filled out the forms wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

lol, yeah, fees are definitely not in this year. The government hasn't even made an official decision to bring them in yet. Mine are subtracted as "HEA free fees funding".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

GA361 wrote: »
    That came up for me too . . . I stated my race was white-Irish aswell . . . My mother said the Dep of Ed may not have paid the colleges yet or somethin:confused: . . I'm stumped too . .

Get on to Administrative Services, the Fees and Grants section immediately.

Do you have a passport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Eamon27

I'm having the exact same problem, the administration phone line is not helpful in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

Same thing here, double checked the details cant see anything wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I agree, there's no way the Govt would allow letters like that out without making any announcement on a decision

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

i got the exact same bill, im going back now to see if i have made some mistake. i really hope i have

• Advertisement

Get on to Administrative Services, the Fees and Grants section immediately.

Do you have a passport?
    yes,All my details say that myself and my parents are from Mayo.No mention of anything Eu related at all.I've a fair idea how to filll out the forms and all my details are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Yeah I got it too, gosh I nearly freaked out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I had a gander at it there, that's messed up. I'm pretty sure the fees don't come in till next year. But again it's UCD and clerical errors (like this) are frequent, especially with regards registration etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Eamon27

Does anyone know why I can't register for any modules either? It just says Phase 2 is not available.

Eamon27 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why I can't register for any modules either? It just says Phase 2 is not available.
    that's not open yet.It open for under grads on the 24th/27th of August I think[have to check the dates]Its not for a few days anywho

Remember:We don't have to pay registration etc. until the 8th of September I highly recommend not paying anything of your fees for a few days until this is sorted out,We could be overcharged for a simple error.So,chill and don't go on any murderous rampages.........yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭MissRealist

Just been on to UCD.

Apparently the tuition fees are deducted later on. Advising just to continue on and pay the €1657.50

there available i think on the Thursday (29th). i had the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

According to the website Phase 2 registration starts on 27th.

i found this on the website, might be use full
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/free_tuition.htm#2

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭munchie14

sorry for off-topicness

what is the story with these modules
    im doing mech engineering ,,are all my modules added automatically or do i have a choice,,and do i have to take the elective modules (adding to a total of 60 creds with electives)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Overature wrote: »
    i found this on the website, might be use full
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/free_tuition.htm#2

So it's UCD's fault, scaring the ... out of poor 1st year students :p. Hopefully it will be sorted out quickly :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ddddd

exact same problem, just emailed them there and got a generic email back saying that I'll get a response within three working days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

just rang my friend :) he said that it'll go away in a few days time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

because phase 2 isnt available...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i got this too, was very confused... but seems like it's going to be sorted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I had the same issue last year, just go into the student desk and they should be able to sort it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Logon onto your SIS Account !! :) it says DEAR CAO STUDENTS, DON'T WORRY, YOU SEE FULL FEES FOR THE COURSE AND IF YOU'RE ELIGIABLE FOR FREE FEES YOU'LL SEE AN ADJUSTMENT BLA BLA BLA

Panic over =D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bfc

Yeah – it’s on this website too.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Gah, almost fell out of my chair when i saw the payment withstanding, albeit it's a 3 legged chair..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Good, I shouted the house down when I saw that figure.

Advertisement