Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Im Very Angry at xbox !!!!

• 19-08-2009 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Right,
    Bought xbox in Christmas 2006.
    Month later, the console was scratching the disks so brought it back to shop purchased in and got replacement.

In May of this year, the dreaded Ring Of Fire error occured and i rang customer support, blah blah, took 4 phone calls to get them to post out shipping labels. They tried emailing them, but email never came. Then rang - Email came but link to labels was faulty. Rang again - Meant to be posted out, never arrived. Rang again - Fedex delivered within a day :rolleyes:

Everything went grand from there, packaged it up , sent it back, and got it back within 2 weeks. Noticed it was a "new" console, but manufactured date was 2007 :confused:

Anyway, turn it on, playing for about half an hour and Bam , 'system error, contact customer support, F64 (could be E64):confused:'

I just rang them and she said i can bring it back to shop, or send it to them. Just dawned on me, how can i bring it back to shop seen as they sent me a complete "new" one, with different serial number ????

Please help, im at wits end here :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Buy a PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Walsh wrote: »
    Buy a PS3.

Excellent advice right there.:rolleyes:

Get onto them again or check the site, should just be a matter of telling them you want to send it back and they'll pick it up like last time.
    Also I'd be surprised if they sent you a new console last time, more than likely a repaired one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭NilByMouth

Walsh wrote: »
    Buy a PS3.
    And then not only will the OP have to deal with the RROD(which at least micro$oft will cover by warranty for 3yrs after purchase)but he will have to deal with the sh1te Blu ray that goes after 3 months of playing discs which Sony do NOT cover.
    PS3 is a bigger piece if sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

NilByMouth wrote: »
    And then not only will the OP have to deal with the RROD(which at least micro$oft will cover by warranty for 3yrs after purchase)but he will have to deal with the sh1te Blu ray that goes after 3 months of playing discs which Sony do NOT cover.
    PS3 is a bigger piece if sh1t

Christ.Mines been goin over 2 years without issue.Better let sony know i bought a faulty one:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,152 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, never had a problem with my PS3 at all. Whereas I've had 2 different 360s since the PS3 came out, and 1 before that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TorresDaLegend

Yeah im pretty sure it was a repaired one too.. Using the word "repaired" lightly there..

I told her the date i bought it etc and she said there was a 2year plus warranty :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,152 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think if its the RROD it should be a 3 year warranty, although it might be different with the different error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Some people are just so unlucky.. If you have the money just buy a total new arcade! I reckon the the "new" one they gave you was refurbished or something!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

anymore ps3 vs xbox posts will get a weeks ban.

This will be the thread's only warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TorresDaLegend

I think if its the RROD it should be a 3 year warranty, although it might be different with the different error

Nope , theres only 2 real hardware errors and thats the ring of death and F64 AFAIK

Theres only a 3year warranty on the RoD , and i think a 1 year on the F64, so if thats true, then why the **** should i have to pay to get my xbox repaired, when the one they sent me wasnt actually repaired !!?? , sh1t thats confusing :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I got the RoD about two years ago and shipped it off to get fixed. The day I got it back, my best mates one died. He got it refurbed and it died again at the weekend. You don't understand lads, we're both married and we had a whole saturday of Cod5 booked. That happens rarely. He's going to buy a new one, but if mine borks again, I don't think I will. As much as I love my xbox - and I mean I really fcukin love my xbox - less than five years isn't an acceptable life expectancy for anything that costs over e150 and cannot be physically consumed. It's not on.

Advertisement