Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C15 Waitin' on the call!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭rio2009

Sorry leeds10 and goood luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

0607 wrote: »
    I would'nt dismiss it so quickly as a mistake.

It could explain why they've started so early this year. To quote Joe Stewart, ''The number of vacancies is determined by our needs. If we do not have enough people who reach our merit standard then we do not appoint and seek to make up any shortfall in the following competition...''

Just because there was nearly 10k applicants last year, by no means does that certify a huge number in the pool of qualified candidates at the end.
    Many folk who had'nt done the test before were applying simply because it looked to be a solid job in a very uneasy economy...

So just say the reason they started recruiting early this year is because there weren't enough people reaching the merit standard from the previous campaign, and successful candidates from C16 will be making up this shortfall.. Do you think there will be another campaign later this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

the wait is doing my loaf in. This is my 4th(?) time applying, i gave it absolutely everything i could this time, loads of research etc before going to assessment centers etc etc ive got a decent enough merit number (less than 200 look at the list a few pages back). and what it seems to boil down to now is not enough RC are applying/making the grade, now im all for the "new northern ireland" and accept why 50:50 is important (wouldnt say essential) but for someone like me, who has never voted unionist or nationalist (or at all for that matter), who has been to church exactly twice in his life, both times for a funeral, who has 1 parent RC 1 parent non RC, pretty much the poster boy for the new norn iron its a dam frustrating process. sigh rant over.

the only thing keeping me going so far is, the adage that no news is good news, everytime i hear on here that people are getting calls, im just grateful that the postman hasnt delivered the unlucky mate letter. I made the decision not to apply to C16, for the simple reason i dont know what else i can possibly do. If i dont get in from C15 then the PSNI is a closed door for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

the wait is doing my loaf in. This is my 4th(?) time applying, i gave it absolutely everything i could this time, loads of research etc before going to assessment centers etc etc ive got a decent enough merit number (less than 200 look at the list a few pages back). and what it seems to boil down to now is not enough RC are applying/making the grade, now im all for the "new northern ireland" and accept why 50:50 is important (wouldnt say essential) but for someone like me, who has never voted unionist or nationalist (or at all for that matter), who has been to church exactly twice in his life, both times for a funeral, who has 1 parent RC 1 parent non RC, pretty much the poster boy for the new norn iron its a dam frustrating process. sigh rant over.

the only thing keeping me going so far is, the adage that no news is good news, everytime i hear on here that people are getting calls, im just grateful that the postman hasnt delivered the unlucky mate letter. I made the decision not to apply to C16, for the simple reason i dont know what else i can possibly do. If i dont get in from C15 then the PSNI is a closed door for me.

I know exactly how you you feel! Its difficult when people around you are getting calls. Just dont lose the faith. You have to stay confident that they will get to you.

I think you should apply again anyway! it would be even harder to take if you did not get in this year and decided in a few months time you wanted to apply again! At least if you have applied and decide it definately is not what you want then you can withdraw! Could save some heart-ache!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Gazzabelfast, I understand it can be a long and frustrating process, but you have to remember you are not alone. There are many others in the same boat.

I'm surprised after all your effort you have decided against applying again. Are you sure it's the job for you? My partner tried 7 times before getting in. And every time got rejected at 50:50. Worked a crappy job for those 3 and a half years but never once complained because knew it was what they wanted to do.

Keep your chin up, have a good think about it, and try not to get too disheartened. (Easier said than done, I know).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

Got letter today, medical passed. Was expecting a longer wait as i only did it middle of last week! Gazbelfast, if i'm only being put through the medical now after getting a 'wait and see' letter in september, then there is a good chance that you will be called on as my merit score is between 200 and 210, so you're before me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭0607

grad10 wrote: »
    So just say the reason they started recruiting early this year is because there weren't enough people reaching the merit standard from the previous campaign, and successful candidates from C16 will be making up this shortfall.. Do you think there will be another campaign later this year?

Nah , they'll just be as normal and stretch it out over the whole year.

people are mis-understanding what i meant, im not applying again because i gave it my absolute best shot this time.....there isnt anything i could do different and still be me so if im not good enough this time, then im not good enough period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 hollyoaks

gazzabelfast, I know you dont want to apply again but at the end of the day you have a great merit score in c15 i say you should get in on that! however i think you should keep your options open as if you didnt get in then c16 may be the last year of the 440 intake and the next years will only cover retirement meaning maybe only 100 could be employed each year. from this i am trying to say apply anyway, just incase you change your mind over the next coming months because you may regret it for many years to come. as for trying your best at the a/c well you could score the same again this year and have a higher merit number, it just depends on how other canditates do. you should really think it over some more before throwing the hat in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭princess deity

Gazzabelfast apply again, keep your options open, regrets are harder to live with....
    "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable"

Keep the chin up and go for it, rejection should only make you want something even more, just prove to yourself that you can succeed. think of it this way, you may have had many difficult years trying to become a constable but when you do get in you will spend 30 odd years in a job that your happy in, look at the BIG picture........ the opportunities that lie ahead of you in the PSNI are so extensive, stay focused, stay positive.

When the world says "Give up", Hope whispers "Try it one more time"
    And
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on ;O)

Now get onto the PSNI web site and do the correct thing.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Misterjay

people are mis-understanding what i meant, im not applying again because i gave it my absolute best shot this time.....there isnt anything i could do different and still be me so if im not good enough this time, then im not good enough period.

Gazza - get the idea out of your head that you are not good enough. If you pass the IST and the AC then you have basically demonstrated you have the competencies required to start a career in the PSNI.

You need to keep going for it if it is what you want to do. Whilst 50:50 recruitment is ongoing you are entitled to apply as many times as you want.

When 50:50 is finally phased out then individuals will probably be restricted to only 3 attempts in line with other UK forces. However it will be based purely on merit.

Keep your chin up. You will get offered a place eventually. Now get your on-line application completed while you still can.

when do you guys reckon the next set of calls will be going out?

Another three weeks at least but it could be longer. There's no guarentee that there will be a march/april intake!!! I havnt heard of anyone deferring from the feb intake and being offered a place in the next intake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bopalop

Oh My i am sooooo happy i just got the long awaited call.....anybod else out there who did too?
    I really wasnt expecting it for another few months if at all! So excited now :D:)

bopalop wrote: »
    Oh My i am sooooo happy i just got the long awaited call.....anybod else out there who did too?
    I really wasnt expecting it for another few months if at all! So excited now :D:)

Many congrats to you! Wish you all the best! My vetting is only back 5 weeks so i think i still have a long wait. Jammy sod!! Lol

Hang in there! It will come eventually, the waiting is horrific I know but that phonecall is amazing when it does come :)

Congrats bopalop what was your merit and background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 FogInHell

Hi guys, Ive never posted here but have been watching intently for updates, as im sure many others are. I just thought id post my details to help let everyone know where "we're" up to.
    I got the call today, RC 590-630s
    Hope this helps.

Congrats foginhell!
    My score was in the 600's RC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 FogInHell

cheers matesie, you too. See you in there.

Keep the faith everyone else!!

bopalop wrote: »
    Congrats foginhell!
    My score was in the 600's RC

Congrats to bopalop and Foginhell.

The wait continues for the rest of us poor souls.:mad::mad::mad:

Is this all done in order? It seems to be. All non-rc's that have got in so far all seem to have low merit scores. Or have i missed non-rc's with scores of 200+ getting in from c15?

Congrats to you both my merit no getttin closer(rc~730s) might not be good enough for this round but at least all hope not lost yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 patientlywaitin

congrats guys, just wondering when the intake is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 LXI 87

I got the call this morning.merit of low 200's rc . It still hasn't sunk yet :)

• Advertisement

hi just got the call today. over 700 rc so stay positive it all down the vetting! oh am from the north

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lulu83

Hi everyone, I've never posted here but have been following since I applied last year. Congrats to everyone who got the call......lucky things!! I'm RC and have a merit score of 100-120, medical passed and vetting sent end of August. Starting to get a bit nervous that there's something up with my vetting! Wish they would put me out of my misery!!

im really chuffed for all you guys a little concerned that the rc numbers are so high already, any non rc got a call this time round yet?

im really chuffed for all you guys a little concerned that the rc numbers are so high already, any non rc got a call this time round yet?

I'm thinking the same. Possibly the rc pool is nearly empty and recruitment are seeing how many rc's they get to accept before they phone the non-rc's. Maybe they saw this coming and thats why c16 started early. Look at us poirot's trying to put all the pieces together! Lol probably totally off the mark! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

hotel glo wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same. Possibly the rc pool is nearly empty and recruitment are seeing how many rc's they get to accept before they phone the non-rc's. Maybe they saw this coming and thats why c16 started early. Look at us poirot's trying to put all the pieces together! Lol probably totally off the mark! Lol

Add 2 + 2 and you'll get any number you want ( as long as it's not 4 ):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 El-Duderino

Hi all!

Got the call today, absolutely chuffed to get in! Have no idea of my merit score, but I am RC. The whole process took about a year from start to finish so i think the best advice to any potential candidates is to just apply and try and forget about it! Honestly I really didnt think about it after doing my medical before christmas!

Look forward to seein the rest of you hooligans in garnerville next month, im planing on watching all the police acadamy movies back to back to prepare! :D

Hi all!

Got the call today, absolutely chuffed to get in! Have no idea of my merit score, but I am RC. The whole process took about a year from start to finish so i think the best advice to any potential candidates is to just apply and try and forget about it! Honestly I really didnt think about it after doing my medical before christmas!

Look forward to seein the rest of you hooligans in garnerville next month, im planing on watching all the police acadamy movies back to back to prepare! :D

Well done, hope all goes well for you. And indeed congrats to all who got calls today. At least there's definitely a march intake, hopefully a few more after that to give me a fighting chance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 carmadman

Hi all, i have not been on since the big hack...:rolleyes:...lol
    Got the call yesterday!!!!!:D:D

90/100 non rc from north

Over the moon... now brickin it.... need to get started on the shopping list.

Well done to all that got the call.. see you in Hotel G.

Hang in there to the rest of you... just when you least expect it, you too may get the call.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 pastashapes

First time poster, long time reader so hello folks.

Got the call from c15 yesterday for entry to Garnerville. Naturally delighted but now some questions. The lady I spoke to was not very specific and also my private place suddenly was not so private.... sigh. Anyway-

What I wanted to know was:

(a) I would like to defer, I understand that this is done by declining the offer and attaching a letter explaining why I want to defer. What are my chances and is there anything I should be aware of?

(b) When should I expect to receive written confirmation (a week, 2 weeks? I assume soon because the training would start fairly sharp really) so I can tick 'No' and send this back as the lady on the phone explained?

I have tried external appointments today and yesterday for these questions but have got no answer from the phones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bigusredus

Been waiting patiently ,as always advised by Deloitte and Psni themselves.Finally decided to contact vetting ,(Rc merit pool 70's-80's),response was as expected.....Vetting ongoing!Frustrating.:(Always been a good boy!!though 4 previous addresses.Don't think they ever exhaust Rc lists or Non Rc lists, if vetting finishes your case first , then external appointments may call you as and when.all those with low merits like myself, still waiting on outcomes of vetting should heed that c14 candidates who applied in April 2008 have also been placed in late 2009/2010:eek:So hang on in there by yer toenails!!So best advise is don't drop the ball in your current work/life as it's clear there is no true beginning or end of a campaign,well not one that we'll ever hear about.unless dear john arrives.Just my own frustrated blah blah blah:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thompson11

Hi guys this is my first time posting on here, just wondering if u guys can give me any advice? I got a wait an c letter sent out till me in October after I got my role plays, then in januaray I got my vetting posted out to me an straight away next day got a date for my medical posted out, have my vetting forms sent off a month ago and got a letter this week telling me I passed my medical and psni recruitment would be intouch shortly to say what happens next, I rang up an got my merit number between 210 and 235 non rc. Do u guys think I stand any sort of a chance on getting a call r not? Your advice would be much appreciated oh and congrats on all you's who got the call well done! :)

that score seems like it would be ok. But do expect a long wait till you hear what happens next, eg myself merit around 180-200 (cant remember exactly its on another thread somewhere) my medical was in november and my forms went away at the end of Nov.

its a waiting game now for you, and many others thompson.:(:eek:

Thanks for ur help, fingers crossed and hope I get it then at some stage! What way is the pool worked exactly, for instance I'm between 210 and 235 non rc, is there also in that 200 below me rc's as well, our is there just non rc's below me, don't fully understand it? But yea I'll settle down now for the long wait an see what happens, wen do they take the last intake in do you know? :confused:

thompson11 wrote: »
    Thanks for ur help, fingers crossed and hope I get it then at some stage! What way is the pool worked exactly, for instance I'm between 210 and 235 non rc, is there also in that 200 below me rc's as well, our is there just non rc's below me, don't fully understand it? But yea I'll settle down now for the long wait an see what happens, wen do they take the last intake in do you know? :confused:

Hi, the merit list has everyone in order, regardless of rc or non-rc. Looking at the merit numbers of those being called who have posted on this site, non-rcs with merits of below 100 are being called at present, with rcs between 200 and 750ish getting the call. This is all subject to the black art they call vetting!

For instance my merit is non-rc 140s. Vetting sent off in August, medical passed shortly thereafter. Still no call. Vetting is the big wait and see. I have heard of someone from C14 (in 2008) with merit around 300 only getting the call in the past few weeks. Therefore no-one really knows when recruiting from one campaign ends and the new one starts. They seem to merge as and when required.

My take on it is that they would not go to the expense of doing vetting and a medical unless you are in the running. That said it will take as long as it takes. Consider yourself in with a chance. But don't expect anyone on here to be able to tell when you will get the call. We are in the dark on that 6 million dollar question.

Good luck with the wait and keep checking the forum for merit places of those being called.

Thanx misterjay I feel alot more enlightened now on the whole merit pool placing. Good luck as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭Cashflow

First time posting, however I've been reading these boards since I applied at the start of C15 way back in 2009.

Got my call this morning, RC - merit score in the low 600's, still can't believe it. Got some friends who are RC and lower merit scores, so it must literally all be down to the vetting. Good luck everyone, and see some of you in Hotel Garnerville :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cat28

Hi all, I got the call for february intake, but requested a deferral to march due to a current work/study committment, which was granted.

Congratulations to all who got the call for March, and ill see you all in hotel garnerville, i cant wait now!!!!....wont be long!

Anyone know if there is an april intake , was wondering if I got the call would i be able to defer for a couple of months as wife is expecting a baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

What do we reckon? Will calls go out this week? I reeeeeeeeeally need to know now, my patience is running thin! :(

Its this week or next the calls should go out (provided that there is an intake)!!! Fingers crossed!

Its this week or next the calls should go out (provided that there is an intake)!!! Fingers crossed!

Tell me you are going as much insane as I am??? Have you been doing much fitness training?

Tell me you are going as much insane as I am??? Have you been doing much fitness training?

My fitness is good. I do a lot of cardio training anyway but need to start focusing on building muscle! PCA would be good if I was asked to do it tomorrow!

Insanity is my new best friend. It's not knowing whether I'm in or out that is causing me to over think the whole process. I would love to know one way or another if I was getting a job or not.

The fact that there's hundreds of people in the same situation as us is stopping me from ripping my hair out.

My fitness is good. I do a lot of cardio training anyway but need to start focusing on building muscle! PCA would be good if I was asked to do it tomorrow!

Insanity is my new best friend. It's not knowing whether I'm in or out that is causing me to over think the whole process. I would love to know one way or another if I was getting a job or not.

The fact that there's hundreds of people in the same situation as us is stopping me from ripping my hair out.

You are definately one stage ahead of me then, I have never been into fitness and am really struggling to get up going, its the part that is stressing me out more than anything else!

I wouldnt worry too much about it. When you get the call it will probably motivate you beyond all belief.

From what others have said here, its not about how fit you are going in. As long you show committment and progression with your fitness while your in then you'll be fine.

• Advertisement

Shall we update the list of who is left in C15?

Meeee for starters, vetting and med both passed, non rc, 150s

Advertisement