Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C15 Waitin' on the call!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

i cant remember my merit number lol

non rc medical passed havent heard anything about the vetting as yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭unistudent2009

unistudent2009.............non-rc................medical...............vetting..................150's
    MrsMikeLowry.................non-rc..............medical................vetting.................150's
    gazzabelfast.................non-rc................medical

Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Azaka

Me, non rc 190's, passed medical and vetting

Guess I'm a bit further down the que.

Oh, and yeah this is my first post. Can't believe it's taken me this long to discover the site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mrshowarddonald

Me too, 140's non-RC, medical and vetting both passed. Completely glued to my phone, think i passed insane about 6 weeks ago...

Did IST last week too.

you guys with your limbo low scores! :)

I just hope there's room for me!

• Advertisement

score doesn't feel too low these days ... but there's room for all!

it's a comfort knowing that i am not the only one going a bit (a lot) boogaloo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 deanj685

HOW THE F***, DOES EVERYONE KNOW THAT THEY HAVE PASSED VETTING.
    OR DO YOU?????

unistudent2009.............non-rc................medical...............vetting..................150's
    MrsMikeLowry.................non-rc..............medical................vetting.................150's
    gazzabelfast.................non-rc................medical
    Azaka............................non-rc.............medical..................vetting.............190's
    mrshowarddonald.............non-rc..............medical.....................vetting............140's

Anyone else???

deanj685 wrote: »
    HOW THE F***, DOES EVERYONE KNOW THAT THEY HAVE PASSED VETTING.
    OR DO YOU?????

I did what they asked not to do and emailed them. The address is on the covering letter you got with your forms or ring and ask external appointments.

I just called external appointments too, must have been in January. The girl on the end of the phone just took 2 mins to check and said I had passed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thompson11

Hi guys I'm waiting hopefully as well but if I stand a chance I will be waiting a good while, I'm non rc 230's medical passed and vetting sent off at start of January! So fingers crossed but could be in for a long wait! Good luck to all of you's!

im either 160's or 180's lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maximus_glad

Hi all,

Me too, still waiting, non rc 170's, medical and vetting both passed. tried to add on to the list you all started but just didnt work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭jonnym61

Im 190's Non RC, Passed Medical, Dunno about Vetting but passed it for a few differnet things in the last few years and havent tried to over throw any goverments since so im assuming i will pass it!!

:(:(ok i have phoned and they dont answer. i have sent an email but not sure if i have the right address if any one knows it, can they please send it to me. :(:(:(

just got them on the phone i passed vetting o yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭MrsMikeLowrey

Congrats!!! Whats ur merit and background?

Well done Dean. Thats everything done. Now you can sit back and stress with the rest of us!

i finally buckled and hoaked out my letter to find the e-mail address, i found 2 interesting things on that letter,
    1) despite what everyone says on here, its fine to contact them, it just says and i quote do not contact cj4 vetting via telephone, as you will not be told anything further about your vetting. If you have a query regarding your vetting please put this in writting or email....
    and
    2) once you pass vetting it goes to another department who make a final decision on your application.

another hoop.

anyways i e-mailed them today so i hopefully will get a reply soon enough,.

2) once you pass vetting it goes to another department who make a final decision on your application.

another hoop.

anyways i e-mailed them today so i hopefully will get a reply soon enough,.

Once they complete your vetting the result is given back to external appointments. Ultimately, they decide whether your name gets drawn out of the pool of candidates. That's all that means and it stops people from thnking that once vetting is complete they are in. No more hoops, just waiting.

Hope you get a good reply. They were prompt when I emailed so you shouldnt be waiting too long.

• Advertisement

Once they complete your vetting the result is given back to external appointments. Ultimately, they decide whether your name gets drawn out of the pool of candidates. That's all that means and it stops people from thnking that once vetting is complete they are in. No more hoops, just waiting.

Hope you get a good reply. They were prompt when I emailed so you shouldnt be waiting too long.

can anyone give me the email adderss so i can check?? in a private message will do if u dont wanna post it online!

Cheers

Just emailed Extrenal Appointments and found out passed vetting! Thats vetting and medical passed and in the 190's on the merit as a non rc . . . . .the wait continues!!

jonnym61 wrote: »
    Just emailed Extrenal Appointments and found out passed vetting! Thats vetting and medical passed and in the 190's on the merit as a non rc . . . . .the wait continues!!

Woohoo, good for you, here's hoping we get put out of our misery this month :eek:

Woohoo, good for you, here's hoping we get put out of our misery this month :eek:

Fingers crossed but im not holding my breath or anything, i think this might be a test they dont tell us about, a test of our patience or something cause god knows we will need some of that if we get in!!

Congrats Jonnym61. I'm more or less in the same boat as you non-rc 190's etc.

It'd be nice if ext appts would even tell us if they're going to put calls out and when... but that'd be too easy, wouldn't it? :D

Azaka wrote: »
    Congrats Jonnym61. I'm more or less in the same boat as you non-rc 190's etc.

It'd be nice if ext appts would even tell us if they're going to put calls out and when... but that'd be too easy, wouldn't it? :D

haha yea totally, im just dying to hear now, i wonder if they write to you to tell u if ur unsuccessful ??

congratulations Jonnym61, even thought the wait continues it is one thing less to be concerned about :)

i cannot stop trying to second guess what external appts will do or when...help!:confused:

Looking back through the posts regarding previous intakes would suggest the calls go out about 19th of each month, what a nice start to the weekend that would be eh???

It would be class! Although I still think they will wait until next week because that will be five weeks since last calls.

Has anyone thouugh about how they will react if they get the call?

• Advertisement

I think I would throw up a little bit (or maybe a lot), then cry, scream, yell, then go get drunk!

I second the above MrsML :D

I literally think about it from 9 until 5 every day in life - total saddo

i spent all day yesterday wondering why they hadnt replied to my e-mail, until i got home from work and my mum told me it was st paddys day, bloody civil servants have the life of it getting days like that off.

anyways

vetting passed. :D get in.

Non RC 180's medical passed vetting passed. not concentrating too much in work at the moment,.

Well done Gazza. That's another worry of your mind!

I understand where your coming from, concentrating on anything other than PSNI recruitment is very difficult at the minute!!!

It would be class! Although I still think they will wait until next week because that will be five weeks since last calls.

Has anyone thouugh about how they will react if they get the call?

if in work i think nothing less than streaking around the whole building would be acceptable, such would be the relief!

Although being arrested for public order offence might not be the best start to the job!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭hotel glo

Hi all, phoned appointments and was told i passed vetting but that it doesnt guarantee anything. I think they were a bit off at me for phoning them and said that in a letter sent previously it clearly states not to contact them. I'm hoping that she doesnt put a black mark against my name! Oops!

• Advertisement

Thought they were trying to call me earlier, turns out it was my actual boss. How paranoid am I?! :mad:

Ps. congrats hotelglo and gazzabelfast :)

Looks like I was wrong eh? Ah well, another week of worrying, stressing, nail biting and jumping whenever the phone rings wont kill us...will it????

MrsMikeLowry our predictions seem to have been wrong! I know its early days in terms of rounds of calls going out for an april intake but does anyone actually know if there will be one?

I cant believe I managed to block PSNI from my mind for so long but police fever has hit me hard again. There is nothing else in life to be done apart from overthink the process! Not good times!

Unistudent I am suffering also...

I had thought if maybe an intake end of April, calls would have had to have gone out by today (perhaps they have).

But maybe there is not an 'April intake' and it will be start of the following month, meaning calls still to come in next few days...

Your thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Stoic_Copper

I have been suffering in silence for too long and being the eternal optimist is really draining on me. I think we need to go to meetings. Like Vetting Anonymous! hehe. I only hope we get the call, and we all meet up one day after a long shift for a pint and a chin wag. Maybe they will call tomorrow?:)

• Advertisement

Well, if it makes it any difference I haven't heard anything either. No news is good news.....

....wait, who said that? No news sucks! Bring on the good news and make it soon please!

I'm so happy that you have all posted and basically said how I was feeling.

Waiting on the phone ringing is tough. It didnt ring at all yesterday until after 6 oclock but today i got 7 or 8 phone calls and every time it went my heart started pounding and i panicked. Only to find that it was some pointless call about nothing. Dunno if I can take much more. Im getting desperate for a call!

id even take bad news now so i can start planning my world tour.

(decided f i dont get it im gonna drop out of society and travel the world st my smile):D

From reading the previous posts from previous rounds of calls they tend to start on thursday and friday.

From reading the previous posts from previous rounds of calls they tend to start on thursday and friday.

I dont want to seem argumentative but I have nothin better to do apart from watch cops with cameras and read old posts. c15 calls have gone like this...

Tuesday 6th October
    Monday 7th December
    Tuesday 19th January
    Wednesday 17th Feb.

They may have started before but these are the first times that people have posted that they got the calls.

ha brilliant:)

i guess i havent quite gone as mad as you yet then.....or have i gone more mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭rio2009

I thought today was the day. Phone rings,number witheld, o this is it. Hello the lady says with a northern accent, Hello i said with my heart in my mouth, Is this mr x, it is I said, can i confirm your address, you can I said it is ................., can i confirm your date of birth, It is ........... I said, My name is (o the excitment ) Leona calling you from xxxxx credit card to see if you would be interested in a new card. New card i said you must be f*****g joking. Then i hung up phone and let the loudest F**K it imaginable , think the guy in the car next to me must of thought I was nuts. I don't mind the waiting(not).

im being re-skilled at work at the moment. ill give them about 2 minutes notice.

I am now convinced that calls are not going out this week but will go out next week. It's a long shot that I get a call anyway.

I'm 150's and non-rc. There have been 3 full c15 intakes (the first was a mixture of c14 and 15). If they take an average of 30 candidates from each group then they will have only taken 90 non-rc's. Im pretty sure that there will still be more than 30 non-rc's ahead of me on the list which means my call is still a long way off if it ever comes!

Sounds pessimistic but its logical thinking.

I am now convinced that calls are not going out this week but will go out next week. It's a long shot that I get a call anyway.

I'm 150's and non-rc. There have been 3 full c15 intakes (the first was a mixture of c14 and 15). If they take an average of 30 candidates from each group then they will have only taken 90 non-rc's. Im pretty sure that there will still be more than 30 non-rc's ahead of me on the list which means my call is still a long way off if it ever comes!

Sounds pessimistic but its logical thinking.

Oh please dont say that, Im going insane waiting and was convinced it was gonna be us this month!

It may be our month, who knows? It all depends on how many RC applicants are above us on the merit list and have passed medical and vetting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement