Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health checks for medical courses at UK Uni.

Options
  • 19-08-2009 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

has anyone any experience of undergoing health checks for uk university medical courses. whats involved?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 newyorkdoll

Hi

I not exactly doing medicine in the UK but I'm doing radiography there. Being healthcare I'm presuming its all the same checks!

In Ireland they don't do garda vetting(criminal checks) for students going to the UK from here for some weird and unknown reason! haha

I gave the Garda Vetting Unit a call a few weeks ago- found the phone number on www.garda.ie. Type in "Garda Vetting" in the search box on the top of the page and the number to call along with other information should come up.

When I called the office they were very friendly and helpful. The only way to find out for certain is to give them a call. They check for criminal checks using the Data Protection Act Laws. I don't know the ins and outs of the whole process tbh. Beware though- it takes them 40 days to process this type of check so I hope you dont need it for induction if you are heading over early september. I still havent got mine after applying 3 weeks ago.

Advertisement