Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgrove....

Options
  • 19-08-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Applied for Merville today and was landed with Belgrove. I am so dissappointed.

Can anybody tell me more about Belgrove??

Is it good craic etc???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN :| I chose my room and have it in merville :)

But belgrove is grand out =D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mops

i am disgusted..............ucd wont change it either..thers only 1 bathroom and 2 others living with me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 UCDHEADER

i had problems with it 2 but after a while it worked for me!!anybody in merville house 25icon7.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

mops wrote: »
    i am disgusted..............ucd wont change it either..thers only 1 bathroom and 2 others living with me..

How do you find out how many people are in with ya cos I'd like to know how many I'm in with.
    UCDHEADER wrote: »
    i had problems with it 2 but after a while it worked for me!!anybody in merville house 25icon7.gif

House 12:D

GA361 wrote: »
    How do you find out how many people are in with ya cos I'd like to know how many I'm in with.

Think there is either 4 or 5 in with ye in merville not sure tho!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

GA361 wrote: »

4 people, with 2 bathrooms with showers, belgrove is 3 with one bathroom with a bath and a shower room

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Belgroves decor is akin to that of the medieval age however its a great party place on campus! It has a neighborly atmosphere now and by the end of the year you will be glad to have lived there.

The opposing argument is that its a kip in every sense of the word!:rolleyes:

how many houses are in merville??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I don't get why they're called houses ^ Aren't they supposed to be apartments ...?

Yeah I don't know very much

Anyone else have an idea of when we can move in?

I don't get why they're called houses ^ Aren't they supposed to be apartments ...?

Yeah I don't know very much

Anyone else have an idea of when we can move in?
    i think its because the apartments are within the houses

• Advertisement

See, now that's sense

Theres at least 25 houses (probably more not sure on exact number) in Merville with 6 apartments in each house, two on each floor usually male/female on each floor. Some of Merville had been done up last year starting from house 1 on and it looked great compared to the rest of the houses. Theres a laundrettes right beside it too.

It is horribly cold during the winter though, you can see your breath.:eek: mainly down to the fact of the stupidly massive windows with gaps in them.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

They call it Belgrade for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭arthistory

I'm in Belgrove too!! now this is a strange random question but do you have to bring your own cutlery/sausepans and is there a TV? and about the electricity..is that included in utility charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kodmuffin

Just to answer a few questions....

-There is 26 houses in merville

-last year it was house 7 that was done up with key card rooms etc...

-this year theyve done up houses 11,16,17+18

-As far as i know the places wont have much-bed,matress, duvet, pillow, couches, coffee table,kitchen table and chairs and a kettle and toaster,fridge(s) and a cooker- thats pritty much it-some places have ovens (merville and belgrove i think) where as others have microwaves (roebuck and glenomena)

-as for electricity-in merville you buy it in the centra shop-it comes in the form of electricity cards!

I hope this helps people!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

arthistory wrote: »
    I'm in Belgrove too!! now this is a strange random question but do you have to bring your own cutlery/sausepans and is there a TV? and about the electricity..is that included in utility charge?

HA! No, there's nothing like that in the kitchen/living space whatsoever, unless its been left by the previous occupants. As for the bedroom, you do get a duvet and pillow as far as i remember. Electricity is payed once every 3ish months in the bank on campus, you will get a bill through the door.

I dont know why belgrove is getting a bad name here, I'd take it over merville any day of the week!

FreeFallin wrote: »
    I dont know why belgrove is getting a bad name here, I'd take it over merville any day of the week!

You're funny.:D

This is going to sound awfully snobby but "mammy" is insisting I take my own duvet. I, however, don't want to lug a duvet the whole way up to UCD when they'll happily supply me with a perfectly good one.

(The question here is, do they provide me with a perfectly good one? Thanks from mammy in advance.)

This is going to sound awfully snobby but "mammy" is insisting I take my own duvet. I, however, don't want to lug a duvet the whole way up to UCD when they'll happily supply me with a perfectly good one.

(The question here is, do they provide me with a perfectly good one? Thanks from mammy in advance.)

Bring the duvet! Doesn't look at all snobby and the ones that are already up there are akin to kitchen roll. I went your route in the first semester without one BIG MISTAKE! Got one for the second! Merville where I was is like the Antarctic come november.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Bring the duvet! Doesn't look at all snobby and the ones that are already up there are akin to kitchen roll. I went your route in the first semester without one BIG MISTAKE! Got one for the second! Merville where I was is like the Antarctic come november.
    Ahh I see! Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I shall acquire a sherpa of sorts (Mammy) to transport a duvet of many tog. I shall be warm and cosy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

It's always good to have the two anyway :D
    And theirs is seriously crap.

33% God wrote: »
    It's always good to have the two anyway :D
    And theirs is seriously crap.
    I dunno why they bother if they're so sh!tty that we have to bring our own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I had no problems with the one I had last year when I was in Merville. In fact, it was so heavy I had to get a lighter one from home.

Thanks for all the useful info!!! anything else we should bring? at this rate the car will be packed...lol!!!;) and where do you pay for accomodation? paid the deposit online but don't see where you pay the rest???

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

We tried to get Merville also, but were given a contract for Belgrove.

Does everything need to be brought - even pots pans cutlery etc etc ? What happens if three people bring all this stuff ? Serious excess of pots ....

I would love some advice please.

dobh wrote: »

Does everything need to be brought - even pots pans cutlery etc etc ? What happens if three people bring all this stuff ? Serious excess of pots ....

I know exactly what you mean!!! so confusing!! I mean seriously, where do you draw the line at what to bring!! mug, plates, cutlery, toilet roll!!!! at least i hear there is a kitchen sink!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

Raphael wrote: »
    I had no problems with the one I had last year when I was in Merville. In fact, it was so heavy I had to get a lighter one from home.

So really, if you think about it, you did have a problem with your one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Emmsy wrote: »
    So really, if you think about it, you did have a problem with your one.
    ...True.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

dobh wrote: »

We had to bring our own pots and pans etc.
    There's a bit of an excess at the start, but stuff quickly gets broken, lost, or thrown away in a fit of cleaning related fury.

• Advertisement
Advertisement