Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your IADT students!

Options
  • 19-08-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

Borrowing the idea of this thread from the DIT forum....yoink!!:D

Just want to see if there are many new IADT students on boards!

So ill get the ball rolling:

Name: Chillywilly:p
    Year/Course: 1st year/Business in Entrepreneurship
    Societies/Clubs/interests: hoping to join the surf society, gaelic football team and possibly others!
    How to notice: havin the craic at every opportunity but also studying hard:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gapmunky

Name: Aaron Zenith Quinn
    Year/Course: 1st year/Animation
    Societies/Clubs/interests: hoping to join gaming and film society, not interested in sport,possibly others!
    How to notice: Skater with long black hair and tattoos :L ;]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 elmitocarboni

Name: Emmet Farrell
    Year/Course: 1st year/Visual Communications
    Societies/Clubs/interests: love all aspects of design, especially print design! dunno wot else, wotevrs goin on.. gym r wotevr
    How to notice: i'll be the one who looks totally lost.. only been in dub like twice..

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

gapmunky wrote: »
    How to notice: Skater with long black hair and tattoos :L ;]

You're gonna blend right in ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Name: James Delaney
    Year/Course: 1st year Vis Com
    Societies/Clubs/interests: May see what societies look day-cent up there. The Jammin' one and a few others looked good! Interests would be music, design (dur dur dur) in particular web design, eh...movies and whatnot. Jesus that sounds awful boring when I write it out. I'm interesting I swear :pac:
    How to notice: talkative :D

See ya in class Emmet! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭corkarcher

Name: Stephen Walsh
    Year/Course: 1st year Film & TV
    Societies/Clubs/interests: I dunno what half of them are, probably film and if possible something outdoorsy like hiking or maybe gym?
    How to notice: Brown eyes, dark hair, tan, cork accent!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Billov

Name: Billy
    Year/Course: 1st year Model Making and Digital Effects
    Societies/Clubs/interests: I guess I'm into electronic music, art, film and lots of other crap, but I'm a college n00b so I'd like to make some new friends there first.
    How to notice: The shy lad with dark hair listening to his Aphex Twin >_>

Hey btw, this is my first post so I must sound like an idiot, when does the term start at IADT??? I seriously can't find it on the internet... Mine must be broken or something :S Is there a first week of orientation or anything like that? I'm guessing they're sending out stuff in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 boobox

They will be in touch by post. There' s an introductory week starting 7 th of September! :) And then official start on the 14th :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Billov

Cheers boo, that clears things up. Hate to be doing arts in ucd. All my mates are freaking out cause they have to pick their modules while away in the west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Lloydface

Name: Lloydface
    Year/Course: 1st year English, Media and Cultural Studies
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Anything martial arty, wondering if there's a comedy or drama soc.
    How to notice: Big, beardy and smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 outlander83

Name: outlander
    Year/Course: 1st year film and tv
    Societies/Clubs/interests: sci fi, playstation, soccer,
    How to notice: the big angry lookin red headed, red bearded guy. but im really quite cuddly :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 emZie

Name: Emma/Harry/George/Emmy-Lou, I'm called a lot of names..
    Year/Course: 1st year in English Media & Cultural Studies
    Societies/Clubs/interests: not too sure maybe something to do with theatre or music.
    How to notice: small, brown hair, I can't speak without using my hands and rarely stand still.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Name: Paul
    Year/Course: 2nd year Visual Arts Practice (Fine Art)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: photography, hats, long walks on the beach, small animals and clouds.
    How to notice: ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 corinna6

Name: Corolla, also known as toyota or mini but my real name is Corinna
    Year/Course: 1st yr Design for Stage and Screen
    Societies/Clubs/interests: art, film, shoes, dancing, swimming in the sea and hanging out at the beach in general :)
    How to notice: small, tanned and blondiesh, will be smiling and pretending i know where im goin and what im doin but will be totaly lost...this will probably be an all year thing so pls help whenevr u c me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Soapia

Name: Sophia (soap :))
    Year/Course: 1st year Film & TV Production
    Societies/Clubs/interests: films,music,photography
    How to notice: most likely getting lost around campus,occasionally walking into things in a strangely entertaining clumzy kinda way :)

Anyone looking for someone to share a house with? having a bit of trouble with the ol' accomodation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 heeereees-jonny

Name: Jonny
    Societies/Clubs/interests: films (no brainer realli?!), music, art, photography.... u know, the usual!
    How to notice: the strong, silent type. most likely standing in the corner, nt saying much with a realli intense luk on my face..... bt dont be offended, my face is always like that.... im actually quite nice! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 outlander83

Name: Jonny
    Societies/Clubs/interests: films (no brainer realli?!), music, art, photography.... u know, the usual!
    How to notice: the strong, silent type. most likely standing in the corner, nt saying much with a realli intense luk on my face..... bt dont be offended, my face is always like that.... im actually quite nice! :D:D

you can be the strong silent one ill be the dark brooding one! WE CAN FIGHT CRIME!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 heeereees-jonny

you can be the strong silent one ill be the dark brooding one! WE CAN FIGHT CRIME!!!!:eek:

i'm liking it!! :D:D i can see us now, standing silently on dark city street corners; quietly nodding to each other before striking our next victims; those pesky striped-shirt-wearing jewel thieves won't know what hit them! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RodeoRed

Name: Niamh
    Year/Course: 1st year AniMatiON!!
    Societies/Clubs/interests: music, art, films, clubbin :cool:
    How to notice: i'll be d serious lookin redhead! lol, but i'm actually a party animal, i'll jus be a bit nervous d first few days:p;)!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

Name: Lisa
    Year/Course: 1st Year English, Media and Cultural Studies!
    Societies/Clubs/interests: music, films, xbox
    How to notice: uhm.. ill be the tall brunette wandering around looking lost.. although i imagine there might be quite a few of us lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 -idioteque

Name: Shane
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: Film, Electronic Music, Juggling...according to the IADT website, there's a "Sex" society...wonder what they do?
    How to notice: I'll probably be drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Name: Leah
    Year/Course: 2nd Year Business and Arts Management
    Clubs/Societies: Joined Pyjama Soc and Pirate Soc last year and didn't go to a single meeting for either :) This year I hope to have my own society...oh just you wait and see!
    How to notice: Ginger, clad in band tees, generally of a stressed/not all there disposition. Often seen running between printers.

No one going for Arts Man. is seems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Stephen90

Name: Stephen Murphy
    Year/Course: 2nd Year Multimedia (again :p)
    Clubs/Socs/Interests: I recall joining the Pirates society in 1st year but essentially only because they were offering free shots of rum to all who signed up... No idea what the hell the pirates society was all about. Also, drum soc.
    How to notice: Glasses, brown hair, chin-strap beard thing that looks like an adhesive piece of plastic. Generally hanging around the Atrium, either outside havin one of a million daily ciggarette breaks or inside seeing who fancies goin to Bakers after this class for a pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Banana_montana

Name: Katie
    Year/Course: 1st Year Photography
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Is there a society that involves free taxis to and from IADT - Swords?
    How to notice: Small, Confused, Smiley!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Name: Katie
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Is there a society that involves free taxis to and from IADT - Swords?
    How to notice: Small, Confused, Smiley!

*yes

*no

There's a pyjama society for curling up and going to sleep on the 41/46a bus transfer from Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SJP60

Name: Maria
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Music.. Photography (shocker...), Art, movies, partying!!!
    How to notice: Tall.. dark.. and handsome... :D

SJP60 wrote: »
    This feels like a dating profile..... lol

...or a stalkers notebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭corkarcher

Rhyme wrote: »
    ...or a stalkers notebook.

Mmmmmm that reminds me.. where do you live? :eek:

funny-pictures-your-cat-has-a-stalker-and-he-is-not-deterred-by-adt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Riff_Raff

Hey!

Name: Amy
    Year/Course: 1st year/Design for Stage and Screen
    Societies/Clubs/interests: hope to join the film society, possibly the graffiti soc. Into art (obviously), film, tea, books....
    How to notice: pretty damn short, brown hair currently died black, fairly quiet until u get to know me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Loodicrous

Name: Amber Miles
    Year/Course: 1st year/Film and TV Production
    Societies/Clubs/interests:I'm from New York City. I like to go out, especially if it involves facepaint, 80's music and nightlife photography. I have yet to find a place like that here. I like to "go and do and be" so to speak. I used to be afraid of bathrooms, but now I really like them. I enjoy things that ward off fatigue. I hate people that smoke Camels. I like champagne and pinot noir. I could do without beer or beerpong, but I would never turn down a good game of flip cup. I hate pquads (posh pretentious political potheads) but I do understand their appeal. My favorite holiday is December 11th. I like to make films about my interests.

Hey Everyone,

I was interested in seeing what the whole orientation thing was going to entail and in the process of googling that I stumbled upon this site. I felt obligated to post something because it seemed unfair to be googling all of you people without giving you a chance to do the same. So what does that make now 6 or 7 people for Film? By the way did anyone understand when we need to be there for orientation/what exactly is required of us during that time? Looking forward to meeting you all.

xoxo
    Amber

Advertisement