Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your IADT students!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karn

name: Karen mc gowan
    year/Course: 1st yr. visual arts practice
    Socities/interests: probably art since thats wot i'm goin doin nd reading and stuff like that:)...oh nd monk the series...i know...bt i aint that strange!:D
    How to notice:small nd curly haired nd goin to be terrifyed!:eek: i look pretty normal tho!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jellyt

name: Jellyt
    year/Course: Vis Comm
    Socities/interests: Society of the appreciation of zimmerframes and slippers, and electric stairs. And possibly Drama soc.
    How to notice: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 andymaq

name: Andrew/Andy/Mac/Whatever-You-Want-To-Call-Me
    year/Course: Film & Television Production
    Socities/interests: Music!!! ...and film of course!
    How to notice: The VERY HUNGOVER and TIRED guy arriving from Electric Picnic! :-D

See you all on the 7th!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Jellah_bean

name: Jen
    year/Course: First year English, Media and Cultural studies.
    Socities/interests: Gaming and film for sure..
    How to notice: I shall be the short girl in the big boots i.e new rocks and the pinky/red hair. more than likely wearing dark clothing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Leemur

name: Emma..but they call me Leemur
    year/Course: Applied Psychology
    Socities/interests:Photography,music,film and reading
    How to notice: Short brown hair,confused expression and may be squinting if i forget to wear my glasses..most likely be wearing something grey and/or black :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Stillworks

Name: Grant
    Year/Course: 1st Year Modelmaking, Design and Digital Effects course ooooo-right!
    Socities/interests: Digital Arts, gaming, music, writing, swordsmanship and debates
    How to notice: Short and wearing a really funky t-shirt. That and the american accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Name: Susan, but a lot of my friends call me Susie Q.
    Year/Course: First year English, Media and Cultural Studies
    Societies/interests: Juggling soc, most definitely. Films, books, creative writing, travel, art, Southern Comfort, Diet Coke and comedy.
    How to notice: 5ft of personality and topped with a mane of curly black hair. Most likely to laugh. Canvassing to set up an IADT Breakfast Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Insanesomeone

Name: James
    Year/Course: English, Media and Cultural Studies (first year)
    Societies/interests: I've the same interests as most attending IADT I reckon. I love music, both listening to and playing. I play guitar, bass and drums. I also dabble in a bit of photography.
    How to notice: Hmmmm... I've not ever noticed myself so I'm not sure I'm able to tell you how to go about it. Though if you yell "Jaaaames" and I hear you, I promise to answer.

Sorted.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 louey85

Name: Louise
    Year/Course: 1st Year Computing Multimedia/Web Engineering
    Societies/interests: Music (all kinds but mostly alternative), anything creative
    How to notice: blonde+black hair, 6 tatts, one very big one on my arm of a boa const. snake, always in jeans and tees'

Not many people on here for multimedia year one! i posted this on another topic but anyone know if 1500 euros is the normal reg fee?? thought it was 800...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Billov

Stillworks wrote: »
    Name: Grant
    Year/Course: 1st Year Modelmaking, Design and Digital Effects course ooooo-right!
    Socities/interests: Digital Arts, gaming, music, writing, swordsmanship and debates
    How to notice: Short and wearing a really funky t-shirt. That and the american accent.
    I was getting worried there, finally someone else is in modelmaking :) I be into digital art, gaming and music also. Not so much the debating. But who can turn down a good swordfight. Wait wut, my debating team won a debate of whether the pen was mightier than the sword >_>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Puddle_Duck

Im like the only one doing business and arts management... Im going to be by myself amn't I? :O!!!

Also, i got my letter from IADT but they never gave me a registration date, i think they left out a page >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Im like the only one doing business and arts management... Im going to be by myself amn't I? :O!!!

Also, i got my letter from IADT but they never gave me a registration date, i think they left out a page >:(

If you call them up, they'll be able to tell you what your registration date is.

Also, don't worry if you're heading on your own, there'll be a lot of people in the same boat. I went to Fine Art on my own last year and everything was fine.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I started that course on my own last year. It's absolutely great and the people you meet will be just as great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oxel

registration for business and arts management is at at 2 on tuesday the 8th :) im doing the course aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 doodle_bear

Name: Lara /LaraJ
    Year/Course: 1st year/Visual communications
    Societies/Clubs/interests: music, art, photography. hope to join some clubs when i start!
    How to notice: im ginger!! :pac:..but a cool ginger! :D

ALSO, myself and 2 other IADT students are looking for someone to move in with us in Foxrock.
    http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Kerrymount-Close-Cornelscourt-Foxrock-Dublin-18/771587/
    The house is really spacious & 3 bathrooms.
    rent would be bout 375 if we get a 4th person....we really want to find someone so if anyone is interested please email me on

lhanlon182@hotmail.com ASAP...we need to put a deposit down within the next few days as we all need to move in.

The 3 of us (2 girls/1 guy -between 18-20yrs & from offaly:)) are really friendly and outgoing so dont hesitate in joining us!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

BlueSpiral wrote: »
    Name: Susan, but a lot of my friends call me Susie Q.
    Year/Course: First year English, Media and Cultural Studies
    Societies/interests: Juggling soc, most definitely. Films, books, creative writing, travel, art, Southern Comfort, Diet Coke and comedy.
    How to notice: 5ft of personality and topped with a mane of curly black hair. Most likely to laugh. Canvassing to set up an IADT Breakfast Club.

Another Diet Coke lover! Yuss!

Name: Kev...was only Kevin if in serious trouble
    Year/Course: First Year of English, Media & Cultural Studies
    Societies/Interests: Juggling (of the Contact variety), Rock Climbing, Parkour/Free Running, Diet Coke, Writing, Music and Movies
    How to Notice: Average height, long hair, beard...walks on hands a lot, usually jumping over stuff

Look forward to meeting you all!

My friend Lee is doing the course and is seriously revving to get going. :)

Inari: Now that there are two of us there is no need to hide our addiction! Thank goodness, I thought I was going to have to hide somewhere behind the Chapel to get my caffeine fix. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

We can be the class addicts...there's no need to hide anymore. Besides, if we're ever stuck, I'm sure one of us will be packing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ocelot12

NAME: Allanah/Lanie
    COURSE/YEAR: 1st year applied psychology. (I've only seen 1 other person doing this!!)
    SOCIETIES: sketch, art, someone said pirates get free rum...nuff siad.
    HOW TO RECOGNISE ME: Average height, blonde, will be looking nervous and lost, most likely rolling up a cig and/or smoking. Will be seriously freaking out about knowing no one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 doodle_bear

room is gone! sorry :)

Name: Lara /LaraJ
    Year/Course: 1st year/Visual communications
    Societies/Clubs/interests: music, art, photography. hope to join some clubs when i start!
    How to notice: im ginger!! :pac:..but a cool ginger! :D

ALSO, myself and 2 other IADT students are looking for someone to move in with us in Foxrock.
    http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Kerrymount-Close-Cornelscourt-Foxrock-Dublin-18/771587/
    The house is really spacious & 3 bathrooms.
    rent would be bout 375 if we get a 4th person....we really want to find someone so if anyone is interested please email me on

lhanlon182@hotmail.com ASAP...we need to put a deposit down within the next few days as we all need to move in.

The 3 of us (2 girls/1 guy -between 18-20yrs & from offaly:)) are really friendly and outgoing so dont hesitate in joining us!!!

• Advertisement

Ah deadly :)
    I'm excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dorce9

Name: Niall, Darce, Darky, Dorce, Ozzy, Archie...
    Year/Course: 1st year English, Media and Cultural Studies
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Interpol(the band), Electronic Music, DJ-ing, Soccer, Golf, Diet Coke, Internet...
    How to notice: Pretty hard to miss, small ginger guy, side fringe, probably in skinnies and white runners, will probably have a can of diet coke in my hand and will definitely have a man-bag of some sort...

Dorce9 wrote: »
    Name: Niall, Darce, Darky, Dorce, Ozzy, Archie...
    Year/Course: 1st year English, Media and Cultural Studies
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Interpol(the band), Electronic Music, DJ-ing, Soccer, Golf, Diet Coke, Internet...
    How to notice: Pretty hard to miss, small ginger guy, side fringe, probably in skinnies and white runners, will probably have a can of diet coke in my hand and will definitely have a man-bag of some sort...
    Another one in the same course? Now this IS getting spooky. :pac:

Shall we stand our bottles and cans on our tables at the school induction to let each other know who we are? Even if we don't plan on doing this I think its going to end up happening!

BlueSpiral wrote: »
    Another one in the same course? Now this IS getting spooky. :pac:

Shall we stand our bottles and cans on our tables at the school induction to let each other know who we are? Even if we don't plan on doing this I think its going to end up happening!

The red carnation in the lapel becomes a can of diet coke on the table :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cathy B

Hi anyone joining the 2nd year Business Entrepreneurship class this year? Any gen on parking etc :) Thanks

Do we have to register online if we're going in next week? im a little confused!

Do we have to register online if we're going in next week? im a little confused!

The online registration, for the purposes of the one next week, just speeds up the process a little. It's worth doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Leemur

Ahh finally! a fellow app psych person! was seriously freaking out thinking no one was doing it! Yay!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cathy B

Joining the 2nd year business class. How many in the class? Looking forward to all the socials :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭wba88

Cathy B wrote: »
    Joining the 2nd year business class. How many in the class? Looking forward to all the socials :)

Hey Cathy, ill be in your class for starters. there is approx 30+ in the class. starts with around 40-50 but ppl drop out. to get ur parking permit go here
    http://www.ncps.ie/permits_ArtDesign.html
    i already got mine they sent me two actually (last year they screwed up and sednt none to me).

Any other questions just pm me

Advertisement