Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your IADT students!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Loosi_D

Name: Lisa
    Year/Course: 1st year Animation, woo!
    Societies/Clubs/interests: I'm very tempted to join Piratsoc anyhoo, and probably photography, etc.
    How to notice: I'm ginger, but generally with dark roots cos I'm lazy, and I'll probably wearing red/orange/blue/multi-coloured Converse at all times =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Soapia

Anyone else going to that accomodation meeting on wednesday or am I the only one still homeless the week before college?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

My boyfriend got his place on the Fine Art course, and accepted, even got the CAO letter to say he accepted. He got an e-mail with some basic registration stuff in it, but nothing has come in the post. Anyone else in the same position?? Starting to get worried. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cathy B

wba88 wrote: »
    Hey Cathy, ill be in your class for starters. there is approx 30+ in the class. starts with around 40-50 but ppl drop out. to get ur parking permit go here
    http://www.ncps.ie/permits_ArtDesign.html
    i already got mine they sent me two actually (last year they screwed up and sednt none to me).

Any other questions just pm me

Hi Thanks for all the info just one more thing, I have applied for my parking permit, How long does it take hoping to have it before college starts, do they send it to my home address or do I pick it up in college? Feeling a little nervous about starting in a new college. thanks again for all the information it was a great help.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 doodle_bear

Soapia wrote: »
    Anyone else going to that accomodation meeting on wednesday or am I the only one still homeless the week before college?! :)

im homeless! i might go to that meeting if nothing pops up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

My boyfriend got his place on the Fine Art course, and accepted, even got the CAO letter to say he accepted. He got an e-mail with some basic registration stuff in it, but nothing has come in the post. Anyone else in the same position?? Starting to get worried. :(
    Tell him to call the college and inform them of the problem.

If the college has made a mistake in not sending the documentation, they should be able to sort him out quickly enough. I'd recommend that he phone tomorrow morning and get a solid answer before lunch time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Napoleon84

Nope, I'm goin too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭wba88

Cathy B wrote: »
    Hi Thanks for all the info just one more thing, I have applied for my parking permit, How long does it take hoping to have it before college starts, do they send it to my home address or do I pick it up in college? Feeling a little nervous about starting in a new college. thanks again for all the information it was a great help.:)

They sent mine to my home address but last year they were doing pick up in college. Mine took around a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oxel

im going to, dont plan to live with granny for too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Soapia

I'm not the only one,phew!!
    See all you homeless people on wednesday :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Im in need of getting a house with students too! Won't be able to stick this B+B for long. See yiz wednesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Puddle_Duck

oxel wrote: »
    registration for business and arts management is at at 2 on tuesday the 8th :) im doing the course aswell!
    enjoy registration?:P
    Too much musical chairs i think!

Hi Im new to IADT 2nd year business, when do we get our college timetable????? :confused: any one new joining this class with me:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭wba88

Cathy B wrote: »
    Hi Im new to IADT 2nd year business, when do we get our college timetable????? :confused: any one new joining this class with me:confused:

went in today to get it, they said it will be available to pick up and online on thursday. im new to the class as i took a year out last year so i dont know anyone in this class

I just started the arts management course too :) Looking forward to it. Right friendly bunch!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Arts Management is just so much fun! I am counting down the days until I'm back!

Hi did anyone go to the induction day (DL245) today (Wed) If you did did we get our timetables, I couldnt go had to work :rolleyes: What did I miss:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Puddle_Duck

Papa Smut wrote: »
    I just started the arts management course too :) Looking forward to it. Right friendly bunch!
    Ah! I'm doing that as well! See ya later :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RavenSavior

Im starting Multimedia DL 131 on monday cant wait =]

Whats the story on Freshers week??? Do we still have classes???? What actually goes on that week?????????:eek::P

• Advertisement

You have lectures as usual, so it's up to you whether you want to go to them or not :p There's stuff on during lunch and in the evenings too so you won't miss out if you do go to lectures. Although last year a lecturer let us out early so we could watch the iron stomach contest... good times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Jellah_bean

gotta say freshers week looks pretty awful, F all on. bar the societies sign up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jellyt

gotta say freshers week looks pretty awful, F all on. bar the societies sign up...

:eek: Freshers week was EPIC ! there was LOADS on !

• Registered Users Posts: 14 outlander83

aaahhh we're all going into second year now, how time flies :rolleyes:

Third year for me :( Which means I'm half way through a degree. Scary thought! Five month work placement this year though, excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Twee. wrote: »
    Third year for me :( Which means I'm half way through a degree. Scary thought!

Same here. At least this year we might have a room to call our own.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Same here. At least this year we might have a room to call our own.

While we get ferried between the cardboard box that is Carraiglea :p

Good for you though, really. You guys really do need a space to call your own. Me? I'd just settle for a room that doesn't have the ridiculous slanting desks :rolleyes: Who's idea was that. Ok students, here's a desk for your three hour lecture, but you'll have to hold you laptop, pens, notebook and coffee in your lap. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭juliancallan

Name: Julian Callan (Jules to mostly everyone, or Ah Hoolster for the Irish speaking crowd(Don't ask))
    Year/Course: 1st year/Film and Television Production
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Probably all of them, even the ones that contradict the other ones (except sports)
    How to notice: Tall, glasses. My two defining features:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

Name: Zero
    Year/Course: 1st year in Animation
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Not sure... Not very sporty xD
    How to notice: Chinese, white glasses, half shaved black and blonde hair, will likely appear nervous
    :'D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Name: Eavan
    Year/Course: 1st year Applied Psychology
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Possibly surfing, yoga and pirate looks pretty cool.
    How to notice: Blonde hair, freckly and cacking myself.

Advertisement